Followers

Monday, February 18, 2019

Happy Islander Day!

Today is a provincial holiday...Islander Day.  This holiday was tossed in the mix a few years back..and since I was a working gal..having a paid day off was okay with me.  I would have preferred they give the day in July or August...but whatever.  A day off is a day off, right?

So.....a little update and rant on the quilt I purchased on eBay.  The seller has done as promised and the quilt was on it's way to me immediately (from the US).  The trouble begins when it arrives in Charlottetown. According to the tracking information...it arrived in Charlottetown on February 11, 2017.  On February 14...tracking states....weather delay.  Huh?  It's is storming in a particular part of the city and not in my area?  If you remember...this is the quilt...



Just so you know, the package is currently with CanPar (google them..and read all kinds of negative comments about their delivery service).  I emailed them two days ago...they assured me my parcel would arrive in 48 hours but they were having "difficulty in my area".  Whatever the heck that means...still no parcel.  I wrote them again...advising if it is in Charlottetown...tell me where...and I will pick it up!!  No response as yet.

When purchasing from the US, it is common for items to be handled and processed by a number of shipping institutions....USPS for example.  When the item has cleared customs...a Canadian shipper takes the packages the rest of the way....either by Canada Post...or as with mine....CanPar.

I haven't given up hope my quilt will arrive...no yet anyways.  As long as it arrives in time for spring, we will be fine.   It it doesn't arrive I will likely have to contact eBay...since they have a Global shipping centre where all items are sent to them and rerouted to their buyers.   The seller is in no way responsible for the delay...as he/she has upheld their side of the bargain.

Fingers crossed it will arrive.  In other news, I'm heading to the mainland mid week with a friend..can't wait to peruse Pier 1 and Home Sense.  I have a few things on my "list"...I hope this cushion is in stock...it just screams me!  And I want two of them!


I wish Pier 1 had shipping available...rumour has it that the option will become available in the future.   Pretty please Pier 1.  Better yet, open a store in Charlottetown!!

Back a few weeks ago Wicker Emporium closed its doors....I've read where it will be reopening here!  I hope they return to their previous merchandise and stock.  They changed pretty much all their line of furniture...and it did nothing for me.  The whole shopping experience changed when they did that...only a few select buyers would find their furniture pleasing.  I am not one of those people.  I don't understand why they changed..."it it ain't broke....don't fix it".  Obviously others agree...as a few months after the change...the store closed.  Let's hope they learned from their customers.



No comments:

Post a Comment