Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Pretty Things for Spring

We are forecast to get a blast of winter weather today...30 cm of snow, ice pellets and high winds.  I'm just going to ignore the weather today...and think all things pretty for spring!

Ever notice when you freshen up one room in your home...it starts to snowball to other rooms?  No?  It happens to me...the guest bedroom is getting some love too.  I found this pretty set on Amazon...at first I thought it was a duvet cover, but it's a comforter...and shams included.  Which of course, means  I need to find decorator cushions and a pretty bedside lamp.  See?  Snowball effect!



This cushion cover won't arrive in time for Valentines Day...but I plan to use it in the family room year round.  It's described as a sweater cushion cover from Pottery Barn.  Since it's no longer available on PB...I found it on e-bay.   It's a perfect size 18 x 18 inches...I only use feather cushions and have a "few" spare on hand!   


I'll post pics once everything has arrived and both bedrooms have had their spring makeovers!

I was out and about the other day...and can't help but share a few of my favourite finds...and look who I ran into!  Peter Rabbit...there is a spot on the floor to stand to take selfies with him!  Of course, I did....can you see his price tag?  $800!  Wow!  So yeah...just took a couple of pics and moved on, 




How adorable are these bird houses?  We have a bird house and just about every year...a Mama chickadee will nest and move in!  



First thing came to mind when I saw this milk can....a great holder for kitchen utensils!  Perfect for holding spatulas, wooden spoons, mashers, etc.  Mine are currently stored in the bottom half of a rooster cookie jar.  The top met it's demise a few years ago...and chances of me baking cookies is pretty much nil. 



I am obsessed with this pretty wreath!!  I'm waiting for it to go on sale or when I can use a coupon!  I like a little Easter decor...and this fits the bill.  And very spring like...




I love all things bunny!  Even had one as a child...he was actually house trained and loved to go in the car!  Since my Mom was adamant I couldn't keep him in our house...my Aunt and Uncle kept him for me.   We discovered many years later...Peter was actually a Penelope!  




How gorgeous are these cushions?  If I had to chose one...I couldn't. 



This cute sign would be perfect for our resident gardener...Mr. Seventies loves to garden.  And I love to watch him garden.  There is great satisfaction and pride watching flowers and vegetables grow!



He would get a chuckle from this one!!


And lastly an adorable set of rain boots planter!  Or they would be cute just on their own!


All this talk of gardening and spring...and a major snow storm waiting in the wings.  Signs are starting to show though of a shift in seasons...evenings are lighter...instead of total darkness at supper time.

Monday is a provincial holiday!  Islander Day and Winter Tide (winter carnival) starts this weekend...it's nice for families to have an extra day to enjoy the activities.  

Waiting for the snow to start!  Schools are ancelled in anticipation of the storm.  Hopefully no power outages!









No comments:

Post a Comment