Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Too Early To Think Spring

The first day of spring here....is just a day on the calendar.  We still have lots of winter to get through yet...but it doesn't mean a gal can't plan and dream of warmer days.

When I saw a couple of pretty items marked down at Winners....I couldn't resist...a pretty door mat for the back entry.  That space is such a strange size...it has always been difficult to find mats that fit, but this one fits the bill.  I won't put it down until we are through the wet and muddy spring conditions.  The pretty pink cushion ( it really is more pink than the photo shows) will look awesome in the master bedroom when I switch out the bedding.  I don't think I'm the only one who changes their bed decor with the seasons....am I?

One thing I have learned (the hard way)....with stores like Winners and Home Sense...if you see it and it's suitable...don't wait to pick it up.  Stock is moved and sold really fast...there is no going back later to pick it up...I can almost guarantee it will be gone.  Ask me how I know....




If you remember...this is my jumping off piece when I change out the bedding...I can't wait until it arrives..



However, I quickly realized I don't have a bedskirt in my stash that will co-ordinate with the quilt.  I'm not a fan of bedskirts...but they are currently a necessary evil.  With our previous four post bed, a bedskirt was not required.  Our new mattress and box spring sit on a frame with the padded headboard attached....a skirt is needed to cover the box spring.  A royal pain to change out bedskirts...as Mr. Seventies assistance is required.  But...such is life.  

I decided to bring out the eggplant colour in my new quilt....and if a bedskirt was going to be required...a tailored one is my choice.  This is the one I ordered....I love Amazon!



The last thing I wanted to buy was more cushions....since I have a lot of white shams and Euro shams...I ordered cushion covers to use with cushions I already have!  Two matching eggplant covers to place on the bed...with the new pink I picked up (also marked down)...at Winners.  I ordered two in 18 x18 size...as I have a number of cushions the covers will fit.  I think they are closer in colour with the bedskirt than the photo shows...at least I hope that is the case.  I an always return them if they don't suit. 


And I am so excited to see a new line of decor Bed Bath and Beyond is carrying...Bee and Willow is the name of the collection!  You will just have to check it out on their website!  I was crushing so hard on this crochet throw....I gave in and ordered it!!  I used a 20% off coupon and shipping was free...I couldn't order it fast enough!  Isn't it the most beautiful throw ever?  So excited to have it arrive...I will likely toss it on the bed...it's going to look fabulous!  (I'm a bit of an excited geek).
I'm also perusing various sites for patio furniture.  Not sure yet what I want....but you can bet I will share it with you when I do choose. We don't need an outdoor dining set....I ton't think....but we do need cover for a few hours in the mornings...I've always used a table with an umbrella.   I'm not certain if I want a free standing umbrella...if I decide to get a seating set...maybe a couple of wicker/resin chairs and small matching sofa with cushions.  Decisions...decisions...

And just a chuckle to brighten your day!   Liesel has a ruff life, don't you think?  You can see she claimed my faux fur throw this particular day!!  She's looking pretty comfortable.  I luv her to bits!



Today Mr. Seventies is undergoing oral surgery...since I will be close by in the waiting room..I have a couple of my favourite magazines to read....they came just in time! 




That's all for today...wishing you a terrific Tuesday!!  







No comments:

Post a Comment