Followers

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Happy Hump Day!!  It's difficult to come up with a title for my blog posts...since I touch on a variety of things...so this will be a hump day post!

Remember I posted about ordering new end tables?  These ones to be exact....
They were to be delivered tomorrow.  Our store flyers come on Wednesday...and there were my end tables...$100 cheaper...each!  They are on sale tomorrow.  There is also a $50 fee for delivery.

I called the furniture store...and advised the end tables in the flyer...are $100 cheaper...each.   In a number of calls from the store...they attempted to explain when I ordered them...they were 15% off...which amounted to about $50 taken off the full price.  I suck at math...but $50 is not the equivalent of $100.  And Mr. Seventies explained they will fit in our SUV...so an additional $50 off the total.  

But...according to the woman I spoke with...and her Manager had assured her that I purchased them cheaper...than if they were on sale.  They would credit the $50 delivery fee though...since we are picking them up.  I kept telling her the tables were one sale...tomorrow when the flyer goes into affect for the lower price.  And she kept telling me...no they weren't.  Usually about now I tend to get snotty...but I didn't...I kept my cool. 

And the store called...and apparently....I am right!! I am right?  She was looking at the current flyer...not the one that begins tomorrow.  Even though I brought it up.  Happy ending...$250 will be credited when we go in to pick up the tables!  Gawd...it's good to be right!!  

In other news...the pool water is looking clearer and clearer!  When the water is fully clear...I'll take in another water sample. 


The long range for Friday to Sunday looks awesome!  Sun and high teen temps!  Perfect...for Mr. Seventies to stain the decks!!  Which means...when that is completed...I can put out the new patio furniture!!  Oh...it's good to be me!!

I've mentioned my obsession with Gripstand bowls, right?  Pleased to introduce # 6 to my growing collection....I'd tell you where I got it...but I'd be giving away trade secrets...


Popped into Home Sense earlier in the week...a dachshund covered apron! And no I didn't get it...I don't bake and have an apron...in the event the mood hits me. 


Who doesn't love a bowl with doxies in it?  (nope didn't get it either)...showing some restraint here folks....


A cute mat to place under food bowls...



So homely it's cute....just saying'...makes me smile...


And two of my weaknesses....baskets and bunnies...so why not put them into one? This would be cute for Liesel's toys...her collection is growing....most times they are strewn about the house.  She gets annoyed with me when I put them in her current toy bin....she wants them scattered...


I know I've raved about these long sweatshirts....I think I have one in every colour.  I can get a great deal of wear out of them...I can wear them with tights or skinny jeans...they are perfect for our fall and spring weather...I'm certain I have collected enough now...except for the dark wine coloured one that is being shipped...*sigh*



And on the topic of clothes...and it's not like I have a shortage of them or anything...but when I see a sale too good to pass up...I'm all in.  I'm currently wearing this sweatshirt...very comfy..but I discovered..they run really small.  I went up two sizes to get the fit I wanted...in years past that would have killed me to do that...now I'm like meh...I'm beyond caring about that. And it helped that the reviews said the same thing! I also had a $15 reward coupon...so that made my decision.   


I'm not a yellow person, so to speak..but this sleep shirt caught my eye and at 50% off...good deal. I keep a stash of sleep wear..you know...in case I had to be in the hospital.  Dear Gawd...I am my mother's daughter!!  She had a bureau full of  "hospital wear"....


So that's it for Hump Day Wednesday.  Gotta pick up a gallon or two of stain at the hardware store and pick up the end tables. 

Stay tuned....











No comments:

Post a Comment