Followers

Monday, June 3, 2019

Mr. Seventies has been itching to visit one of the greenhouses...so we hit up our favourite spot...York Greenhouse.  He picked up four perennials we didn't have....two Digitalis plants, one Hibiscus and I fell in love with a pretty pink Canterbury Bells.  He planted them up the back walkway...off the pool deck,
Meanwhile I was busy cruising the annual plants sections!  I forgot my phone...so was unable to get some photos...I'll do better next trip,,,

I chose two stunning larger Impatiens....so pretty...and they are oversized....these will work well on the back steps...as Impatiens require more shade than direct sun,,,,



Also picked up three gorgeous Geraniums....they are the three in the front.  The plant to the left will have gorgeous pink blooms....



And it's official...the pool has been opened and operational...with lovely green water....not to worry it will be crystal clear before too long,...


The next step is to take a water sample in to the pool shop for testing...and get the water balanced.  That means to ensure the water has the acceptable ph, alkalinity, etc.  So first order of business was to collect some water...and take it in for testing and purchase the proper additives...usually a 'Buffer"...then I'll shock the pool by adding chlorine, toss in a chlorine puck in the skimmer basket then sit back and watch the water become crystal clear.  I'll pour in algicide tomorrow, as required,




And remember this awesome mirror and shutters I was hankering for?


There is a shop called Lily Hill Hideaway just outside St. Stephen, NB.  I cannot believe in the more than 34+ years we travelled between here to there...I never visited Lily Hill!  Didn't even know about the spot.   I messaged them on Facebook to inquire about the piece...and they graciously responded that they did indeed have what I was looking for!  This photo is from their shop...and exactly the piece I have ordered.

And..the cherry on top?  They are coming this way on Canada Day weekend....and will bring it with them!!  I'll meet up with them and pick it up!  Pretty awesome, right?  You can be assured this shop is now on my bucket list!  






No comments:

Post a Comment