Followers

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Outside Lanterns

After visiting the pool store yesterday, I headed to Michael's to pick up some ribbon for use on my lanterns, when I place them outside.  I also picked up some florals...and two rolls of mint checked ribbon.  The black buffalo check ribbon I had on hand...


And this doxie is keeping an eye on things...he is one of many that I have...most are tucked away...I've had this cutie for years...and he is one of my favs...



And once I returned home...I had an a-ha moment!  I forgot to use one of three gift cards I have for Michael's!  Duh!   Oh well, I'm sure they will be put into future use.

I also found hydrangea florals at Wal Mart...for under $3 each!  At Michaels they are $14.97!  I purchased four and arranged them in a pretty vase for use in the front entry.  Pretty pick me up...




I had the the pool water tested...and this is the first time ever that I was required to purchase nearly $80 of supplies!  Two of the clerks were "in training" and the third could not understand why I hadn't been required to use these chemicals in previous years!  Up until then...a container of buffer and we were all good!   Anyway,  I purchased what was "required"...adding this for alkalinity and something else for ph...and another for what I'm not sure!  We shocked the pool at "dusk" as instructed...nothing mentioned of a chlorine puck  (an oversight on their part)...and algicide poured in this morning.  

Sounds like a lot of work...but it really isn't.  Supposedly getting the water "balanced".  The water is much clearer this morning...I'll take another water sample in towards the end of the week...and we should be ok for the season.  I have a kit I test the water with during the summer months...

Mr. Seventies thinks I was sold a "bill of goods" for said supplies.  I suspect he is correct...but I did what was advised for opening the pool....since I did not take chemistry in high school.   The other questionable things were, 1.  They lose our information in the computer...every year.  and 2. they needed to know what brand of supplies we used as apparently it makes a difference.  To who or what I'm not sure.  Good old Wal Mart or Canadian Tire brands have worked great in the past...and will continue to do so.  

The good thing is we are operational...now Ma Nature needs to do her part!!



No comments:

Post a Comment