Followers

Monday, June 10, 2019

Weekend in Review

And what a weekend it was!  The weather has been beautiful....and continuing for the next few days...which means a great deal of outside work got done!

First I want to share our lovely Azalea...she has been growing for 30+ years...and this year is the first time we've had so many blooms!  Better late than never....Mr. Seventies gave her a good feed of fertilizer...that helped for sure.    When we planted her all those years ago...she was in the front of the house.  After poor performance...he moved her to the side garden a 3-4 years ago....and the move finally paid off.


Everyone was out doing yard work, Mr. Seventies lent a hand (with a stain brush) to our daughter and her husband's deck....


They are very happy with the results.  It looks amazing and stain will prolong the life of the pressure treated lumber...not to mention a perfect spot to enjoy a delicious bar-b-que and meal!



On the home front...a new coat of stain was given to the front steps...


We have never seen pollen here like we have seen it the last few days!  Everything is covered...you can see in this photo how it has covered the deck.  Thankfully, the freshly applied stain was dry...could have been a real mess.  As it is now...I am able to sweep most of it off.  



We picked up our new end tables...they came on sale and we were able to get the sale price minus the $50 delivery fee...we picked them up rather than have them delivered.  I love how they open at the top for extra storage...



Likely my last tulip bouquet from our gardens for this year...lilacs and peonies will be next!



During my purging..I came across my welcome banner!  I had tucked it away at Christmas. When I purchased it, it was blank...Mr. Seventies helped me stencil the welcome letters....



The pool is clear and operational...and all this sun will heat up the water quickly.  The decking around it is receiving a fresh coat of stain as well....Mr. Seventies has about 3/4 completed.  The small deck is finished...will put the new wicker set out in a day or two.  While I have a cover for the love seat...I did not have ones for the chairs.  They are ordered and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Hope the weather is great where you are!








No comments:

Post a Comment