Followers

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Bucket of Snowballs


We've had the odd dusting of snow here the last few days...and it helps to put folks in the Christmas spirit!  The other evening, when Liesel and I were out for our walk...we saw our first fully lit and decorated Christmas tree as we were walking by a home.  And since then...we've come across a couple more.  It's a bit too early for me...we wait until the first weekend in December...and that's plenty early enough for us.

I spent all of a few minutes putting together a cute bucket of snowballs for sale.  Any takers?  They won't last long at this price...haha...I considered using spray adhesive and rolling them in sparkles...but we have enough sprinkles and sparkles once the tree picks come out!!



I picked up a few of these adorable decor items at Wal Mart...



I found a gorgeous red truck loaded with a Christmas tree on line at Canadian Tire.  As luck would have it...there are none in stock at our local store...but I was able to order it on line from their Summerside store.  I will share photos when it arrives.

I came across this adorable dachshund card....it will be perfect to tuck a gift card inside.  Do people even still send Christmas cards anymore?  With the cost of postage and all.  I have never been of fan of sending or receiving cards...I'm certainly no Scrooge...but just find them annoying and what do you do with them afterwards?...in my opinion...they are just clutter.  Growing up...my parents received hundreds of them!!  (and sent just as many out).  Even then...I thought it was silly to send cards to folks that live right around the corner!  But...it was a sign of the times....and don't even get me started on the "Christmas letters"....enuf said. 



And look who I spotted?  These are certainly larger (and less expensive) than mine...and are already framed! And you get both...the front and adorable back view!   I was thinking for the nursery...(since dachshunds do love rabbits)...but the room has very little wall space...one wall will be the mural...the other two have windows...and the third has a large closet with double doors.  For now,  we'll stick with a couple of dachshund prints I have...once I put them in suitable frames.   



In other news...physiotherapy is certainly making a huge difference in my knees!  They are getting stronger and hurt way less.  My only regret is I didn't start sooner.  Currently I have two appointments each week...and they are about an hour long.  On Tuesday...squats were added to my routine...I sure panicked when I heard that word...hahaha.  I have an appointment with an ortho surgeon in April...but the goal is to not require surgery.  So I have a few months and more leg work ahead of me.  

And speaking of leg work...it's going to be a decent day for Liesel & I to get out walking.  Have a great day where ever you are!!




2 comments:

  1. Cute finds! Good for you! Your snowball story reminds me of one from our 8-yeargrandson: I put a basket of "snowvalls" in a basket as part of our porch decor last year with a for sale sign. Every time that little guy came over he'd ask me if anyone had bought any! ♡ I think he was feeling bad that I hadn't sold any! Sweet guy....I thought you'd get a chuck5out of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute finds! Good for you! Your snowball story reminds me of one from our 8-yeargrandson: I put a basket of "snowvalls" in a basket as part of our porch decor last year with a for sale sign. Every time that little guy came over he'd ask me if anyone had bought any! ♡ I think he was feeling bad that I hadn't sold any! Sweet guy....I thought you'd get a chuck5out of that!

    ReplyDelete