Followers

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Mr. Seventies Garden Birthday Cake

We celebrated a wonderful evening with our daughter and son-in-law in honour of Mr. Seventies birthday.  After a delicious meal of Chinese cuisine, it was time to unveil the birthday cake!  Not quite sure the antics our daughter was doing to warrant these expressions...but we were having a great laugh!!  We are those kind of people who cannot force a smile...it looks more like a grimace of pain!  When Mr. Seventies laughs or smiles naturally...it can light up a room....I love it that much!




Rather than go with a sports themed cake...I chose his second passion...vegetable gardening!   You can see potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, onions...even a pumpkin done to perfection!  He loved his cake...and it was delicious as well!


In other news, he was able to get one hand rail installed...it has one coat of primer on it...and it really helps me using the stairs....


He is going to install another shorter one where there are two steps from the kitchen down to the back door landing...and in the front entry he plans to install one that is maple to match the hardwood flooring and steps.  

And look what I found at Home Sense!!  Remember the bunny canvas I stupidly passed on a few months ago? (and regretted it).  They thought I was having a seizure when I spotted it again...I was so excited!   And yup...it came home with me this time!!  I've always had a thing for bunnies....must be the floppy ears...and my uncle got me one when I was growing up!  We had to keep him at my grandfather's house...but I could see Peter any time!  He was an "indoor" bunny...trained to a litterbox!  He lived a long and happy life...and it was wonderful to hear him thumping around the house on painted floors!!



I must still be a kid at heart....I love the grinch!!  The Frozen character, not so much...but there is something about the grinch...guess you are never too old to grow up!


They are still calling for a messy weekend, but it looks like we may have more of a rain event,  Fine with me!  We have an exciting celebration to attend on Saturday!  A gender reveal party!  We, along with our son-in-laws parents...will find out if our new grand baby is a boy or a girl!!    I am so happy they chose to find out beforehand...makes shopping so much easier when you know the gender to buy for!   Mr. Seventies is adamant the baby is a boy....while I on the other hand...have only every known pink!

We will be ecstatic no matter what results are!  A healthy baby is what we have been praying for.  Come back Monday and I will share the happy news!!








No comments:

Post a Comment