Followers

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

New Hand Rails and Baby News!!

We had a very busy and exciting weekend.  I'm so happy Mr. Seventies installed two railings on the front and back steps.  (I showed the back steps railing in a previous post).   Not only are they required for building code (not that we have any building inspectors here...can you believe that?)...they are a safety issue for me now that my knees are strong enough to use stairs again.

I wanted the railing at the front entry to have more of a rustic feel...and Mr Seventies did not disappoint!  We don't use the front entry as much...but it is a huge help to me when someone does come and I can get down the steps with greater ease now.


The cute cushion I won from the dachshund rescue auction arrived!  Remember the t-shirt?  Apparently I wasn't the high bidder...someone sniped at the last minute...lol!  No big deal...just happy to help rescue raise much needed funds.  I adore the cushion...and the flip side matches the fabric on the bandana and hat the doxie is wearing.  


On Saturday evening, our daughter and her husband held a gender reveal for our new grand baby.  His parents were there, as well as his brother and fiancé on FaceTime!

How about this cake?  Perfect for them...as Dad to be is a huge football fan and Mom an adorable dancer!


This is the card the ultra sound technician placed in a sealed envelope...which was dropped off to the bakery...and would reveal either the cake would be blue or pink!


Now I was probably the last person they asked to video the cake cutting...once the colour was revealed...I tossed my phone!  Excited was an under statement!!  Tears of happiness and hugs went on for at least ten minutes!!

And the new arrival is a .....


A baby girl!!  Now...let it be known...that I was the only person in the family...who guessed (and secretly hoped) a girl!  Everyone...including Mr. Seventies was convinced baby was a boy!  Even the parents thought boy....but are over the moon to be expecting a daughter!   I am the only one, in my family to have girls....and my girls have girls!  My beloved sister has a son, my nephew Geoff and my brother Reid has my other nephew, Ritchie.  Both my sister and brother have passed on...but I am always in close contact with my nephews and Ritchie....has...two boys!!  

Daughter and I decided to do some shopping for "pink" on Sunday afternoon!  


I couldn't resist this cute outfit though it is not pink...she will still be the beloved big sister to doxie brother Benson...how perfect is this little outfit?


And daughter found these adorable bibs...how awesome that they snap close...instead of tie.


Mr. Seventies attached the change pad to the dresser....here's a sneak peak....although it currently sits in their guest bedroom until everything gets set up in the nursery.  And my friend Martina is doing a gorgeous doxie mural on one wall...likely sometime in February...since baby girl's arrival is due in late March.  Three days after my birthday....so she and I had a little chat...and I requested she make her debut on my birthday....as I did on my grandmother's birthday....all those years ago!
I love that books have been included....and they read to her so she should know the stories by heart when she arrives!!




And of course...not just any mobile would suffice...an amazing Etsy member makes dachshund mobiles!!  This is the one we ordered....in these colours...which are perfect!  Once it arrives we will have a better idea if we need to purchase the arm to attach it to the crib...or if it is large enough to hang from a hook on the ceiling over the crib.  The mobile can be personalized with baby's name stitched into one of the clouds....but our little bundle is un-named at this time.  




This mural is actually wallpaper I think...but we've decided to have a similar one painted on one wall...the dachshund will be Black and Tan..(the one shown is a red dachshund) and the star will be pink....of course.   Once baby is named....we will have her name added to the half moon!! (and I hope I'm not breaking any copyright issues showing this here....)...but it gives you an idea of how things are going to look.  



The crib, mattress, dressing table & drawers and a beautiful ivory glider rocker & foot stool will look amazing...along with the ivory Boucle area rug!  
Baby girl is going to have a beautiful nursery!  For the first few weeks...she will be in a bassinet in Mom & Dad's room...but any little girl would be lucky to have such an adorable room.  I have some dachshund prints to hang....but need to find some pretty frames for them.  Or maybe ones I find at the Mission store and I can paint them. 

Phew!  That's a lot of awesomeness right there!  Thank you for taking the time to celebrate with us!!




No comments:

Post a Comment