Followers

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Special Weather Statement and Other Stuff

Forecasters are saying we may get our first taste of wintery weather this weekend.  Snow, heavy rains and high winds.  Oh yay.  We had a period of about ten years where we didn't get any real winter until January...guess the good times are over.  It's looking more like a repeat of November last year.  Northern Ontario and parts of Saskatchewan are having winter weather as well.
It's November in Canada folks!!

Mr. Seventies has been able to finish all the outdoor yard work...from raking leaves, cleaning out the gardens, flushing the gutters and cleaning leaves from the storm drains.  Our contractor friend (hubby is usually his assistant)..injured his foot about a week ago...while terrible for him...it has given Mr. Seventies a chance to get some much needed work done around here.  For some bizarre reason Paul had his work boot off...and jumped down from something...right on to the claw part of a hammer.  Ouch!  He required stitches...and ordered to stay off his foot.   I think the sutures will be removed tomorrow...so they should both be back on the job.  They are currently working on a full home remodel....top to bottom.

While I had a willing counterpart...we tackled our linen closet...and other areas that needed to be purged!  I promise...this is not an edition of the tv show Hoarders!!  We sorted through dozens of sheet sets (we have two beds)...and narrowed it down to a couple of sets.  I picked two of my favourite bedding sets, my Pacific Coast Feather duvet and the current quilt and faux fur bedding on the bed currently and my Hudson's Bay blanket as my "keeps".   We did the same with bath towels, hand towels and face cloths, pillows, shams and blankets.




It is freeing to get clear of unused stuff...and all of it went to the Mission store.  Now my linen closet is completely organized...my cushions and covers are all in one place..neatly stacked.  It's awesome to know where everything is...instead of having things tucked here and there all over the house.

As I have mentioned before, I love burning tarts...and have two electric burners usually going at all times.  A gal pal has convinced me to try out a couple of candles...just for the evening hours while we are snuggled up indoors.  This particular brand is one she recommended...so I'm giving it a try.  My issue with candles is how quickly they lose their scent...I like strong scents...this one is pretty good...we had it lit last evening.


A friend of hers contacted me as she is a distributor for these candles...(which I wasn't aware until after I had ordered this one from Amazon)...apparently is a best seller and has really great reviews...I'll give it a try.  Due to fire hazards...I'm not a fan of burning candles...but will only light them when we are right in the room.


A doxie pal in New Brunswick stumbled across these cute sweaters...at Wal Mart of all places!  I checked our store here...no surprise none to be found.  She went to her local store and picked one up for me...and will pop it in the mail...it's not coming far so shipping should be minimal.  Now...I'm not a fan of Wal Mart quality...but I want this sweater to pull on with flannel sleep pants!  My go to wardrobe piece!  And anything with a dachshund on it...usually gets me every time. 


While I was scooting around the stores I came across some pretty awesome things...this cute cushion...in Superstore of all places (which...for a grocery store...has a great selection of home decor)...and for under $18 this cute cushion with mittens caught my eye!  Now it's fibre filled...which is why the price is low...as opposed to feather or down filled...which is my preference.



Now this beauty is feather...at Home Sense...I'm crushing on it big time.  But resisted...I have quite a few Christmas cushions in my stash...so will wait til it's time to bring all those goodies out...



And is it just me...or a gnomes hot this year!  They are everywhere...and I happen to love them!  Almost got this one...



Now.... you cannot blame me for not being able to resist one of these!  Somehow the one on the right made it into my cart...darn little things jump!   Adorbs...




I couldn't determine what this doxie's purpose is.  There are cookies on the package...yet there is a slot on the head...a piggy bank of sorts?  No clue...but it's pretty cute...


After weeks (months) of grumbling on my part....Mr. Seventies is installing a railing at the basement stairs!  Not only is it building code...it helps me get down steps easier!  I have an awesome physiotherapist who works with me twice a week with my knees (trying to keep me out of the operating room).  Since I've starting going to him...I hurt much less and am able to walk in a bit more comfort. 

The current wait time to see an orthopaedic surgeon here is eighteen months.  I was referred to see one in August, so we have about fifteen months to get my knees into good working shape!  My only regret is that I didn't start sooner. It's wonderful to take Liesel for short walks again! 

Tomorrow is Mr. Seventies birthday!!  Chinese food is on the menu and of course...the great garden cake I ordered.  Can't wait to see it...I pick it up in the morning.  

Have a good day everyone!










No comments:

Post a Comment