Followers

Friday, June 28, 2019

Take a Stroll Through The Gardens

It's been raining miserably here for days...with no end in sight.  I decided to check out the side garden and see what has been popping up...beautiful Iris...we have two oversized ones...the one shown here and another black one.  Not sure how they showed up..but we are enjoying them..


And one lone poppy has opened so far...there will be many more in the days to come.  They last such a short time...and occasionally a rainstorm will beat them down...I'll check on them in a day or two.,...


And finally...lupins!  You would think they would be easy to grow....but that has not been the case.  These lupins were started as seedlings and transplanted a couple of years ago.  Now...we have lupins! They are so beautiful...and their smell is awesome!


Our Whimpering Willow is growing leaps and bounds!  Mr. Seventies is going to give her a bit of pruning this fall....


Now don't quote me on these flowers....I think they are called Scalia...we just call them pretty!



We have some amazing Hostas...different varieties as well...



Great shade loving plants...


I couldn't help but take another photo of this gorgeous  Rhododendron. 
Hope to pick up one in the colour orange.....I've seen them and they are breath taking...


My mirror will be transported from NB to me this weekend!  I mentioned previously the shop owners of Lily Hill Hideaway are coming to PEI in the next day or two and bringing my mirror...they sent a photo earlier in the week....


We are going to arrange to meet and I can't wait to see my mirror!!  

Going to dry and stay indoors today where it is dry!  And hope this rainy weather moves on soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment