Followers

Monday, April 20, 2020

New Kitchen Faucet & Other Stuff

We've had a busy few days here and the weather has been sunny...but cool.  We decided it was time to upgrade our kitchen faucet...so with Mr. Seventies on his tablet and I on my laptop...we shopped Home Depot website together.  My criteria were...pull down sprayer...no shiny stainless steel or chrome...and durable.  And a budget allowance of $250.

This one from Moen is the one we chose...it has over 800 positive reviews...and fit the criteria...(sorry for the lights....the pot lights where on...Mr. Seventies was unhooking the old faucet).  He was able to purchase the new faucet when the store was quiet....as with most stores here...a maximum of five shoppers are allowed inside at one time...


The installation had one snafu...the hose for the pull out sprayer...had 2-3 holes...and when turned on..water shot everywhere!  Since the base was already installed...I called Home Depot...(great customer service btw) and was advised to just return the hose...and they would replace it.  So, after a quick exchange...Mr. Seventies had the new faucet installed and flowing beautifully...(not going to apologize for the brightness...the sun was beaming!!)



I love the polished chrome finish..it matches the appliances.  I'm not confident about the warranty you know the whole "Buy It For Looks...Buy It For Life" advertised warranty...didn't play well for us a few years ago when our Moen bathroom faucets began to leak.  Since the model had been discontinued...the warranty was no longer valid we were told.  Whatever....we moved on.  This time, I registered the warranty online..with a photo of our receipt uploaded..so if anything breaks or leaks...at least the faucet is registered.   I'm loving the spray function...my old faucet did not have it...and I missed being able to spray rinse my sink and dishware.  Liesel...standing by my feet...managed to inadvertently get a few shots of water...



And...my rooster figurine arrived!   Not well...I might add.  I knew when I was handed the box...it arrived in pieces.  A very poor pack job on the seller's side.  Seriously....one wrap in plastic and a bunch of styrofoam popcorn pieces.  Nothing to prevent it from moving about when in shipment.  I've received breakables so tightly packed...nothing would break the contents.  This seller lacked the experience of proper packaging for sure.   I was refunded fully...but still...I finally found the "one"...but I will continue in my search....


I had forgotten the adorable dog with cigar cushion cover I had ordered...love it!!


I decided to switch out the sunflower tin on my window frame...and think my Farmers Market pig has found a new home!!


I'm not sure if you could see in my last bedroom photo reveal...the cute items on my nightstand...(still waiting for the wooden beads)...


And my leather handbag arrived...it is gorgeous!!  The softest, buttery leather ever...just the way I like it!  


The quality is amazing...and there is a detachable shoulder strap.  Lots of storage...with a zipper area on the back side...so pretty!!


And lastly, grand dog Benson (who had undergone back surgery a few weeks back) is not going great with his recovery.  Since his new baby sister arrived...he has not been adhering to strict rest rules...but feels he needs to be involved in every aspect of her care.  He doesn't.  

His follow up appointment the the Atlantic Veterinary College was last week..and it was determined he was in pain...from overdoing it.  Since, unlike our Liesel..he is not trained to being confined in a crate...we decided the next best thing...was to purchase an X pen (or exercise pen as they are known by).  

If the pandemic was not happening and his parents were at work all day, he would be content to lay in his bed & watch the squirrels through the patio doors.  Since they are home...with a new family member...he feels anxious and stressed that he has to be in the middle of things.  Again...he doesn't.
We picked up the pen...and dropped it off on their deck (and had another quick distance visit with them from the deck).....


His bed, water bowl & chew toys are in the pen with him...their home is open concept...so he can see all the goings on...without adding un-necessary stress on his back...or attempting to run and walk.  When he can be supervised...he certainly can snuggle with his parents...but when they are tending to the baby...he can safely be confined without concern he is trying to get on the sofa...running down the hallway or walking at all.  It gives them peace of mind...and the required rest and recovery he needs.  He has a recheck in four weeks...we are hoping to see a huge improvement.  And rest will continue beyond that point as well.  My daughter reports he is doing well in his new digs. 

That's all the excitement from here...since Liesel is unable to have her grooming appointment today...an at home spa treatment is in order for her.  Keep that between us!!








No comments:

Post a Comment