Followers

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Finally-Master Bedroom Spring Refresh

I've spent the last couple of days cleaning and re-freshing the master bedroom.  I forgot to save my inspiration photo...and if you remember...I set a budget for the refresh and that budget was $200.  I do remember, in the inspiration photo...the cost of the bedding was way beyond that...and I wasn't willing to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on just one set...let alone two.   So I set out to do my version of what I fell in love with...and with the way I change our bedding seasonally...it makes sense to keep costs down a bit...

I love the combination of navy mixed with red and white buffalo check!  And...does it surprise you where the awesome cow canvas found a home?

It was a gloomy day...so getting light photos was near impossible.  I ordered a navy quilt set from Wal Mart's website...it is a three piece set...quilt plus two shams.  In the inspiration photo...the buffalo check was also a quilt set...but it was sold out in queen size...and I found a duvet cover set I love even more....and was much less expensive on Amazon.  And the decorator cushion covers and Home cushion look awesome on the bed!


The duvet cover set is great quality...to get the duvet into the cover....I turn the cover inside out and spread it out on the bed.  To my delight...there are ties to keep the duvet in place!!  I was able to slip the ties through two corner tags on the duvet (Pacific Coast duvet)...



Once tied, I then turned the cover inside right...with the duvet inside and shook it...



I spread it out on the bottom of the bed to allow the wrinkles to fall out...and will take my steamer and smooth the rest out...

Better idea of the colours in this photo....


The three piece candle holder set arrived...and I love them!  I haven't decided if I'm going to place real candles....or use the LED ones I ordered.  They have arrived...so may try them today to see if I like them.....or prefer real ones.  I kinda like the idea of the LED ones...on a timer..so the can be on in the evenings...but turn off without having to get out of bed!!




You can see I moved our window frame and attached the little sunflower sign to it.  Do these eggs look real or what?  They are actually made of wood!  I found them years ago...at work...while cleaning out our store room.  No one seem to know where they came from....or what purpose they served...but my boss told me they were all mine if I wanted them!   Ahh...yeah I do.  I then found the wire basket at the second hand shop.   Mr Seventies came across the eggs and basket, in my kitchen cabinets the other day...and I was happy to be able to put them out again!  There are both white and brown "eggs" in the basket...



If you remember from my post the other day, I mentioned finding the decorative glass door pieces in my cabinet that Mr. Seventies re-did for me.  These are them.....I'm going to hang them close together and hang small (likely 8") floral wreath on the front of each one.  What I can't decide is if I should spray paint them a lighter colour...since they will be hung in our master bedroom....where the walls are painted a dark gray on three walls.   Mr. Seventies thinks a lighter colour would allow them to show better....but I'll wait until I'm able to purchase the wreaths and decide then.  I'm happy to be able to repurpose these...


I've been keeping my eyes open for an ironstone pitcher and basin set...and the junkin' shop contacted me when they brought this set in...and was I interested?



Markings on the bottom...J & G Meakin (England).   Of course I gratefully said yes.  It has been set aside with my cabinet I purchased earlier...and once this pandemic runs it's course...we will make arrangements to pick everything up!



And a precious photo of my little monkey doodle...sleeping so peacefully!  Her Grampie & I had a "social distance" introduction the other day...we sat on their patio and admired her through the patio doors.  Still not able to touch or hold her...but doing the best we can with Face Time...and social distancing....


And if that isn't the best way to start a day....I don't know what is!  

Have an awesome day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment