Followers

Monday, June 21, 2021

First Day of Summer!!

Summer has arrived!!  It's going to be hot here this week...and we are so ready for it!  The pool is fully operational..and current water temperature is 24 degrees (Celsius).  That's my sweet spot...anything above that temperature...is good for me!  Mr. Seventies rolls the solar blanket over the pool at night...and it keeps the water warmth in.  He was in the pool to set the steps in...today will be my first venture.  

I'm still searching for a wreath for the back deck...I popped into Michael's last week...the decor shelves are pretty bare.  I only snapped a couple of photos of a couple of things I love....one being these sunflower plates...


Sunflowers to me...are more of a fall decor...anyone else feel that way?  I'm crushing hard on this adorable cushion though.  This was the only section of the store that had any decor to speak of...



Mr. Seventies spread four yards of black mulch around the flower gardens...he may decide to get an additional couple of yards to finish off....I took a few photos of some gorgeous flowers and shrubs in bloom...a gorgeous rhododendron in full bloom....



This one is my favourite colour....and it has taken many years to finally show off it's beauty...


People walking past our home...stop and admire the gardens all the time...and if we happen to be out there...they stop and compliment how beautiful everything is!  I give full credit to Mr. Seventies...

I love, love, love these iris!  We have a few of these colour varieties...they remind me of little puppets!!


And the side garden is full of these beauties....


And the lupins are one of my favourites!  Mr. Seventies plans to order different coloured varieties...a friend in New Brunswick...has some deep pink ones...and they are gorgeous!  I didn't realize lupins come in a wide range of colours...so we are going to see what is available to order....


We are happy to see our Bridal Wreath Spirea coming back...it suffered major damage when the tree behind hit split off a huge branch and landed on it during a violent wind storm...


Mr. Seventies had a wonderful Father's Day!  He was treated to a delicious bar-be-que and presents at our daughter & son-in-laws.  And received cooked lobster and a huge Father's Day cake from our girls in Nova Scotia!  A local baker was having a Father's Day Cookie sale so I ordered a couple of batches for Mr. Seventies and daughter's husband...and they are as delicious as they look!!




Nothing planned for today...except to sit on our deck with a cold drink & a book...and an occasional dip in the pool!!

Have an awesome day where you are!!



No comments:

Post a Comment