Followers

Monday, October 25, 2021

Fall Weather Has Arrived

October is winding down...Mr. Seventies carved one pumpkin over the weekend..he's been searching for patterns & stencils...and this one is the first one he finished.  Of course...a paw print is one of my favourites....



The other evening, after visiting with grand baby and family...we came across another lawn all decked out for Hallowe'en...people are having so much fun with inflatables...how cute are these guys?  Usually during October we get a lot of high winds...the tail end of hurricanes...but this year...it's been relatively quiet...


And speaking of inflatables...I could not resist picking up this adorable Santa dachshund inflatable!  Apparently he is four feet in length when set up...and you know he's never going to fit back in that box ever again, right?...but can't wait to set him out for the holiday season....


The Rae Dunn Christmas mugs & toppers arrived...I haven't had a chance to unbox them...I'll post photos when I do.  Since I want them for my coffee/hot chocolate area...I also picked out this cute cream & sugar set...


While I was strolling the grounds the other day with Liesel...I couldn't help but be in awe of the flaming beauty of our Burning Bush...aren't fall colours simply amazing?  When the tree behind it snapped & fell on it during a post tropical storm a couple of years ago....I was afraid too much damage had been done to it.  But after trimming it back...and with fingers crossed...it rebounded and is prettier than ever!!  During the summer the leaves are green...but once fall arrives...they change to a brilliant red...simply stunning!!



Very cool here this morning...and we woke up one morning with leaves strewn everywhere...covering the decks & steps...and many landing in the pool.  We must have had strong winds over night...along with rain.  Once it dried up Mr. Seventies cleared the leaves away & scooped them out of the pool.   The trees at the front of the house still have most of their leaves...but everyday there is less and less.  I know it's better for the trees to lose their leaves...especially if we get an early snow or ice...but I know it's going to be a long winter when they are bare....

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have an awesome day....and get out to enjoy the beautiful fall day!





No comments:

Post a Comment