Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2022

An Evening Stroll With Us

Our favourite way to enjoy outdoor Christmas decor and lights....is an evening walk!  We wear safety vests over our jackets...harness Liesel up...and head out.

Our walk did not go as planned.  Not one little bit.  Firstly, the traffic.  Never ending, noisy...sometimes rude drivers!  Like the one who paid no attention to the crosswalk we were attempting to get through!   And the constant noise!  Not sure how high gas & diesel prices have to go...before people stay off the roads!  Even it a small city, with a population of around 40,000....our traffic issues are next level.  Our Current infrastructure is not built to have this much traffic!  

So, there was that to contend with.  And...I was not able to get as many photos as I had planned...but will share a couple I did get.  Next walk, we will enjoy one of the quieter, more decorated subdivisions nearby.

Firstly, our humble abode....


And this home...owned by a dear, sweet woman...whose husband passed away a few months ago.  They used to enjoy travelling for months in their huge motor home!   Liesel & I stop & chat with her on our walks...she does have grown children near by to be with and care for her.  You can't tell from this photo...but there are candles in all the windows....


And this beautifully lit home....the owner would always wave to us as we were out walking!  Last year, while apple picking....grand baby & I were sitting on a huge pumpkin....and a gentleman asked if I wanted him to use my phone to take our picture. His wife & family were paying for their apples...so I gladly took him up on his offer.  Mr. Seventies came along, with our basket of apples...and informed me the gentleman was the same guy who has waved to us for years!   This is their home...beautifully decorated.


And the final home I was able to photograph...belongs to Miss Lacy!  She is a West Highland terrier....rescued from living in a barn for almost one year!  She was as close to feral as I have seen...yet she was saved...and her sweet owner spent months....and months...rehabilitating her!  We would meet them almost daily on our walks!   Miss Lacy is a senior now....and prefers strolls around her property....and keeps a watchful eye on the street from her perch in the window!  I love a success story!!


I wish we could have seen more...but there is always another evening!  We will definately be out a time or two again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment