Followers

Monday, December 5, 2022

Outdoor Decor

It was a bitter, cold day when Mr. Seventies strung three sets of lights on the outside tree.  Initially, we thought two sets of with 100 clear bulbs would suffice....but the tree required a third set.  And it happened to be the last set in the store!  Next year, I think we will pick up another set or two.  One thing we've noticed is many homes are decorated with outside coloured bulbs and various blow up figures.  

While I didn't get a photo of the tree lit up....I did capture our doxie after it inflated!  Liesel is not quite sure what to make of it!  Whether it be friend or foe...



Mr. Seventies filled our crock with greenery, holly from our shrubs and a couple of thin birch logs...and of course our baby reindeer is making an appearance this year!  I apologize for the shadows...perhaps I should have taken the photos during the day....



With winds being what they are here...it can be difficult to secure outside decor pieces.  We had two beautiful Christmas garden flags that keep getting blown over in their holders...so brought them in.  

We've been taking in all the beautiful lights in our neighbourhood when weather permits...donning our safety vests and heading out with Liesel in the evening.  Walking is my favourite way to see the lights!  

We finished wrapping of presents...I still have a few last minute items to pick up...and a couple to come in.  Then I think we will be ready.  Counting down the days until our new refrigerator arrives....and it won't be a minute too soon!  The freezer section of the current one...is empty...since it cannot even freeze ice cubes!  It's been a challenge to only keep some food items we plan to use within 2-3 days!!  It will be nice to have a freezer again....thankfully the cooling section is still operational!

One of my favourite clothing shops was having a massive sale...and this "shackett" had sold out in my size online (it was not available in store here).  I kept checking their website...and lo & behold it came in stock...briefly.  I ordered it so fast....and when it arrived...it fit perfect!  It is un-lined...but I find it great for shopping....as it isn't bulky or too warm for being in the stores or vehicle...



At the time, the matching hat was not on sale...but over the weekend it was marked down 1/2 price!  I quickly ordered it.  



So...how are your Christmas preparations coming along?  I don't do Christmas baking anymore...the extra calories and pounds I don't need!  Somehow we always manage to have our fair share of goodies though! 

Plan to stop over later today at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday.   There are some amazing bloggers who participate on Susan's blog...and I enjoy reading and catching up with everyone who blogs have some pretty amazing stuff!!

Have an awesome day....and thanks so much for stopping by today.   Until next time...










3 comments:

  1. I love bucket hats and I really like this one. Are you able to share where you purchased it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An additional 20% since I ordered it! Great price! https://www.penningtons.com/en/plaid-boucle-bucket-hat/460586.html?dwvar_460586_color=Charcoal%20Rust%20Plaid#q=hats&start=13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, your front door decor is lovely and your doxie is adorable - how funny for Liesel! The shackett looks so warm and cozy and how awesome that you have the hat to match! Sorry to hear about your fridge and hope the new one gets there soon (I swear appliances are programmed to die lol). Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete