Followers

Monday, December 12, 2022

First Snow Storm On It's Way!

Tomorrow we are forecast to get our first blast of snow...20 cm (7"-8") which isn't too terrible....except it will be accompanied by high winds!   So we will have our first "snow day"!   Fingers crossed we don't have power outages!

And then this happened....Liesel is having an arthritis flare up.  Which means keeping her on the down low and administering pain medication....


We saw the signs a couple of days ago....she was having pain & soreness...we were quick to recognize the signs now and get the pain under control fairly quickly.  X rays done a few months ago revealed both front legs and shoulders have arthritis.  Our veterinarian prescribed two pain medications to have on hand when a flare up happens.  All activity and walks have been put on hold....

In other news....this beautiful arrangement arrived...compliments of Mr. Seventies sister (she resides in a different province)....



So beautiful with the battery operated candle flickering....absolutely love it....


I discovered another of my favourite boots on sale!  Manitobah Mukluks (not a sponsored mention)....have a line of leather, waterproof boots...and I chose these ones called Gatherer in the colour shown which is Tobacco.  The darker Cocoa had understandably sold out.   I cannot wait for them to arrive!


The pair I currently have are Snowy Owl suede leather boots....they are so warm...and comfortable!  Short of putting mine on & taking a photo of my feet....I'l share a pic of them instead.  The soles of their boots...tell a story....and leave the most awesome footprints in the snow!  I'll share mine in a future post!  If you are looking for a warm, winter boot....I highly recommend Manitobah Mukluks...they are an investment you will come to love.  Socks are not required either...but I wear a light pair....



And...drum roll...our new refrigerator is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!  With the storm...I'm not holding out much hope that is going to happen....unless it can be done early in the morning.  When they call today to set up a delivery time...I'm hopeful that will be the case.  If not...delivery will likely wait until after the storm.  Our current freezer area...has fully stopped working!  

Today we'll take advantage of the "calm before the storm", run a few errands and pick up necessities.  Since it's Monday...drop on over to Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday .   

On Tuesday, I'm usually hanging out at A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday...make sure you join us and check out some amazing blogs!


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Charlotte, I'll cross my fingers that that storm veers off in some other direction and that your power stays on! That's a lot of snow, especially if its blowing. Sorry to hear about Liesel and I hope she feels better fast. Oh my goodness those mukluks are gorgeous!!! I must try and track some down here in Calgary although I know I'm going to have a hard time choosing lol. Hope your fridge comes soon and take care over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your well wishes for Liesel....and the impending storm! The boots are available in stores in your area...or can be ordered from their website with free shipping....https://www.manitobah.ca. The fridge is scheduled to be delivered today....so fingers crossed this weather mess holds off! Have an awesome week!!!

    ReplyDelete