Followers

Monday, April 13, 2020

Today Is Another Day

I hope everyone had a lovely, self-distancing Easter weekend.  It was unusual not having family here for the traditional Easter ham dinner...but Mr. Seventies and I enjoyed a mini Easter meal.  The weather was warm and sunny...we dropped off dear Annabelle's Easter duck filled with goodies...here she is relaxing with her Mama and precious big brother Benson...(keeping a watchful eye on his little sister).  And we still have not met Annabelle yet...and yes it is beyond excruciating not being able to do so...today she is eleven days old.  Thankfully, we are able to Face Time...but it's not the same.




I've been trying to keep busy in other ways....the crocus are blooming and giving a wonderful pop of colour in the front gardens.  I picked a small bouquet...to join my tulips...


And I found lamps for the guest bedroom...hoping they will be perfect.  I think being 20" is the perfect height...and ordered two from Bed Bath and Beyond...(using a 20% off coupon...of course).



I hung a spring wreath on both the front and back entry doors...and noted both doors will be needing a fresh coat of paint this year.  I'm needing a new outdoor mat to set on the steps at the front door...the pretty one I had previously became faded and worn looking...so I will search for it's replacement.  The front of our home gets full sun in the afternoons and evenings...and during the summer months it gets very hot...things fade.  I can't wait to put my outdoor lanterns together and set out....but it's much too early yet.  Hard to wait though!!


While I was taking the wreaths out of storage...I saw where Mr. Seventies had not discarded the decorative pieces that were in the glass doors of my cabinet he re-did....(seen here in the glass doors). They are lightweight and popped right out.  When I saw them in the storage room...my mind clicked...and I'm going to use them as wall decor...hang them side by side...and maybe hang a couple of wreaths on each.  Very happy Mr. Seventies did not discard them....



We are supposed to have rain showers today...if not we plan a distance viewing with Annabelle and family.  We will be able to sit on daughter's deck, in patio chairs and see them through the patio doors.  At least it will give us an up close and more personal view.  I hope this pandemic is over before she graduates high school!!  

And on that note...have an awesome day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment