Followers

Thursday, July 9, 2020

This & That

Our weather has taken a change...for the wetter and cooler.  Which is okay...as we have needed rain.  Still looking forward to warmer, sunnier days though.  It's been a great time for Mr. Seventies and I to get a few small projects done around the house...first on the list of priorities was cleaning our large window in the family room.  The rest of our windows received a thorough cleaning after the road, in front of our house, was paved.  So it was time to tackle the biggest window...which requires a tall ladder and a bucket of vinegar and water!  Amazing how clean windows make such a huge difference!

One thing I noticed, was our small outdoor light fixture...and how it was showing signs of rust.  I debated replacing it...but dug in my stash and found a can of Dark Bronze spray paint...a couple of coats and a few hours later...a fresh looking light fixture...



Remember the shelf I purchased a few months back at the antique/junk shop?  It already had one coat of light, greenish paint on it...while digging in my stash I came across a small container of paint that I had purchased (for what I cannot remember)...so decided to use it on the shelf....



And I am loving how it turned out!  Mr. Seventies securely hung it for me...and it holds containers of bath salts and bath bombs....and pink just happens to be one of my favourite colours!!




While Mr. Seventies had some errands to run...I browsed Michaels for a bit...can you believe what is out on the shelves already??



Now, I love fall...it is my favourite time of year...but can we please have summer first?  Not that I didn't enjoy browsing all the fall decor....


I did not get the urge to haul out my fall decor just yet...usually by the first of September I'm yearning for cool, fall days....


So, let's leave fall where it belongs for now...and it's not in July!  

We thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful fire pit early yesterday evening...before a shower came in...and not a marshmallow in sight!!


Oh and btw...look what arrived!!  Remember the original faux muffins I ordered...but never materialized?  Can no longer say that!  Not only do they look like the real thing....but they smell amazing...like fresh baked muffins!!  Do they not look good enough to eat?  I have other faux cupcakes on order...which I can switch out when the mood strikes!!


Our grand baby continues to thrive..and possibly could be transported back to our hospital, as early as next week!  This just makes our hearts soar..hopefully she will be able to go home soon....and we can lavish her with love!  

Have an awesome day all!!









1 comment: