Followers

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Transfer Fail 101

There are times when things just don't go according to plan!  Such when I really wanted to use beautiful, floral transfers for my cabinet re-do.

After waiting weeks for the transfers to arrive (apparently they were out of stock when I placed my order)...I was so anxious and excited to try them!  I followed the instructions to the letter...and where it stated they were easy to peel off if things didn't go according to plan....that was not the case.

Parts of the pattern did not adhere...and when I attempted to reposition the transfer sheet and complete the pattern...parts ripped when I went to lift it off.   Since it supposedly was easy to remove..... this is what I was left with....not easy at all!!



So....yah...pretty disappointing.  Mr, Seventies was able to sand and repaint the damaged door front...and I'll save the remaining transfers for another day...and project.

If you remember...this was the cabinet before....with water damage on the top...


I am so happy with the results...even with the transfers not working out!  I buffed on a coat of wax to give it a durable, smooth finish....


Not only does the cabinet look amazing...there is ample storage underneath!

We are praying our little grand daughter's heart surgery goes ahead this morning and all goes well!  Please keep her and her Mom & Dad in your thoughts and prayers....









No comments:

Post a Comment