Followers

Monday, April 17, 2023

New Wall Oven Installed & Spring Has Sprung!!

Mr. Seventies and our neighbour removed the old wall oven and installed the new one!!  As a reminder....this is the previous oven...after twelve years of service....


As with most things in this Seventies Split...there was a minor hiccup once the new oven was hooked up and in place.  The cabinet installer (now deceased) cut the opening crooked...so there was a small space between the top of the oven and the cabinet!

To put a piece of moulding there...would have looked....well...ridiculous!  That's where I came up with the solution of a couple of shims...slid under the front of the oven to lift it a bit to cover the crooked opening!  Worked like a charm...if I do so brag myself!


You can't see the shims....as they are behind the removable steel piece screwed in to secure the oven in place.  And the oven works beautifully!!  The men set the old oven in the back of the SUV and we dropped it off (at no charge) to a scrap metal shop...along with our old ash canister vacuum & defunct tea kettle!

This was the kitchen last evening...photos taken just as the sun was about to set....the light over the range is on....as was a tart burner....



Looking towards the back door....can't wait til it's warm enough to paint the exterior doors and shutters..


The weekend weather was gorgeous....the snow is mostly gone....and the ice in the pool is melting!  It was the perfect day to launder and hang bedding on the line!  I decided to put my lighter Matelasset set on the bed for now (haven't put away the electric blanket just yet though...)



There is a replacement comforter coming (matches the curtain panels)...I did receive free shipping and taxes and duties paid...so a little bit of a win.  Fingers crossed I have no issue with the comforter fabric again....

Mr. Seventies and I took in a local basketball over the weekend the other evening..thoroughly enjoyable.  I'm cautiously optimistic I'm beginning to feel better.   Time and bloodwork later this month will tell.  

Thank you for stopping by...I hope your upcoming week is awesome!  Join me later  today when I'll be checking out some amazing blogs at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday .








2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I hope the bloodwork comes back A-okay! The new oven looks fabulous and how clever to think of the shims - you would never know. How lovely to be able to hang bedding out on the line - I bet it smelled so good. Can't wait to see the matching comforter and I hope you have no glitches. Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your weather is improving! I love my new oven...thank you!! It is wonderful to hang sheets and towels on the line again!! Have an awesome week my friend!

    ReplyDelete