Followers

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Day Trip to Summerside

With the beautiful weather we've been having, we decided to load Liesel in her car seat and head to Summerside....and check out Mr. Seventie's favourite greenhouse!  It's a tad early in the season....May is usually when the greenhouses are in full swing....so we will make another trek next month!


While Mr. Seventies & Liesel checked out perennials in the green house....I browsed the beautiful giftshop!

Heart be still!  A couple of gorgeous hooked door mats....the same manufacturer as the rose rug I have in the front entry!  Oh....I was s tempted to purchase the fall one!!  But I'd want to use it longer than a month or two....so left it....I was wishing they had more selection. The other mat reminded me of the Rockies in Alberta!   I'll check them out again next month....they may have different mats in stock...



This gave both Mr. Seventies & I a chuckle....may have to get one to set on the back step....during the warmer months....our yard is full of squirrels and chipmunks....running and chittering...we enjoy watching them.  Our squirrels here are small brown ones....where Mr. Seventies and I were raised in NB....there are large gray squirrels....but none here....


Once I showed Mr. Seventies this sign....he agreed we had to have it!  (along with a 10 pound bag of seed potatoes).  Once the pool is operational....he will hang the sign on the deck wall.....


We picked up a couple of delicious sub sandwiches and cold drinks....and enjoyed Summerside harbour...just look at that blue sky....and there is very little ice left in the waters....



There is a boardwalk around the harbour....we walked along with Liesel....she had a great time doing what dogs love to do!  Then she enjoyed a cold drink and a few snacks of her own.....

And look what arrived!!!  (only a week later than anticipated).  Mr. Seventies is going to ask our neighbour for assistance doing the install....the weight of this oven is 166 pounds!  Cannot wait to have it operational....


I think I'm finally on the mend...a fourth iron infusion was completed on Good Friday.  Yesterday....I spent three hours sorting out closets, packing away winter clothes, mitts, scarves and hats....and we dropped off two huge bags and a box of clothes to the Mission store (thrift shop).  One bag was so heavy....I had to roll it up the hall and leave it for Mr. Seventies to load everything into the SUV.  I still have another closet to go....and a tote or two of summer clothes to go through.....

I'm limiting my home goods purchasing....at some point we do intend to downsize.  We call it our "exit strategy".  We'd like to have a home that is one level...with an attached garage....two bedrooms and 2-3 baths.  My set in stone criteria - a pool....that is non negotiable.  We have a couple of years before anything happens....but it is going to be happening at some point.

Drop over Between Naps on the Porch (I'm late for the party) for Metamorphosis Monday.

But will still be checking out all the amazing blog posts.  Thanks so much for hanging out with me today! Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment