Followers

Friday, March 30, 2018

Easy Front Door Decor

I've been wanting to dress up the front door..and was checking all the usual haunts...craft stores, home good stores & thrift shops.

Not finding anything that caught my eye...price wise or other wise...I decided to put together one of my own,  The price of faux flowers is unreal at craft shops...so I hit the dollar store!   I scored the cute basket at Value Village...it even has a handle for hanging.

I gathered up my supplies..and used Min Wax to stain the basket & let it dry really well for a couple of days.  Everything including the green brick sponge came from the dollar store.  






A couple of years ago, I purchased an E-Z Bow Maker at Michaels...using a 50% coupon it was under $7.00.. as I fail miserably at making bows without some help!   I don't have a tutorial...it was pretty easy to put together...I cut the green foam brick & wedged it into the bottom of the basket and began cutting & poking the faux florals to my liking.  The polka dot ribbon was a 50% off purchase at Michaels.

Can't wait for warmer, spring weather to hang it!  Total cost was under $20!


No comments:

Post a Comment