Followers

Monday, May 11, 2020

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!

I hope all Moms were treated like royalty on Mother's Day!  While it was very cod and windy here...the weather did nothing to dampen the day for this Mama.

Getting to see this little nugget was pure joy...she is home and doing better feeding and weight wise (thanks to the feeding tube).  It is a relief to her parents that she is taking in enough nourishment...what she doesn't take from her bottle...the remainder is fed through the tube.  Now, the little monkey pulled the feeding tube out the other evening...but a quick trip to the get assistance from the paediatric nurses resolved the issue.  And how about those nurses, eh?  Amazing men & women...and it just so happened the nurse who assisted with the tube....is a neighbour of ours.

So, all is well for now....and Annabelle has gained 8 ounces...weighing 7 lbs 9 oz. currently!  She will  continue weekly appointments with her paediatrician....and will require a visit to the IWK (children's hospital) in NS in the coming weeks.


Never could we have predicted she would be born during a pandemic! The stories we will share with her!!

My Mother's Day was wonderful....Liesel gifted me a beautiful potted mum...along with delicious cupcakes & chocolates....that girl spoils her Mama so!! (And no...you still have to go to the groomers when she reopens)...




When the weather decides to warm up....I will place it on the deck.  Annabelle & her parents gifted me a beautiful card and Amazon gift cards!!  (they know me too well!!).   And just so happens a full boxed set of the Outlander series books is on it way as well!!  And I'm so excited to receive a t-shirt....with wording from the show...any Outlander fan out there will understand it's meaning!!  A vacation to Scotland is on my bucket list...my heritage is Scottish.  Maybe 2021 will be the year!!


Upon arriving home...there was a large wave petunia hanging basket & beautiful cake waiting on the front step!  A card was attached...but no signature to tell who had sent it!!


Such a delicious and beautiful cake....and after a bit of sleuthing...discovered my older daughter Sarah arranged to have these sent....and the delivery person....forgot to sign the card!!  No matter...my sweet girl was thoughtful to honour me so beautifully.  What can I say...my girls are my world. 



I'm very happy my cow cookie jar arrived safe & sound...gorgeous piece and I love how she looks on my counter!



Mr. Seventies had taken our pool pump in for repairs...only to discover it has seen better days.  After 10 great summers...it was time for a replacement.   One is on order...as a rule...if Ma Nature co-operates we open the pool Victoria Day weekend.  A number of factors will determine if that is the case this year...if memory serves me correct last year was the first year since we had the pool installed that we weren't enjoying it before the end of June!    Hoping this year things turn around.

Places and services are slowly opening up here...they intend to do things in phases and we are currently in Phase 1.   Schools will remained closed for the remainder of the school year...and traffic is still restricted to gain access to the Island...that will likely be in place for a number of weeks yet.  I'm okay with that...as all our Covid 19 cases were not community based...but rather from travellers to PEI.  

In the meantime, have an awesome Monday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment