Followers

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

It's That Time of Year!

"Spring" is always later arriving here...and although we've had a number of beautiful, sunny days...the nights are still plagued with risk of frost!  It feels like every year we are later and later getting things done outside.

I managed to pick a small bouquet of hyacinth and miniature tulips...and the hyacinth smell amazing...


The vanity of tulips and daffodils are poking their way through...Mr. Seventies was busy puttering all weekend...moving plants here and there, splitting some apart that have over grown...and spreading two yards of compost around the gardens.  The vegetable garden is tilled & rows done up...with one row of beets planted (for beet greens).  There is always so much to do...and we get anxious to get outside and begin.  But, as in other years...it will get done.

The pool is not up and running...Mr. Seventies is checking on the status of the new pump on order...but with low temps at night...there is no great rush to get it operational.  Neighbours close by that have not started their pools up for the season either.    And with Covid 19...things are slowly starting to open...with guidelines and restrictions in place.

I'm not having much luck obtaining a tiered tray!  The one I ordered for pick up at Home Depot was unsuitable...it was huge!!  Much to big for my needs....so I was back to square one.  I'm determined to have one though...let's hope third time is a charm...this one I discovered on Amazon.  I love it's weathered look...and two trays should suit my needs perfectly...


Anyone an Outlander fan?  I'm a huge fan...having watched the series twice and have the complete set of books on order...one of my sweet daughters ordered this t-shirt for me...I am so excited for it to arrive.  Fans, like me....obsessed with the series will know exactly what the caption on the t-shirt means.  Scotland has always been on my bucket list to visit...as much as I dislike air travel...I would suck it up for a chance to vacation there!  Maybe fall 2021?  I can always hope the world becomes a safer place for travel by then...




Mr. Seventies is anxious to visit the greenhouses once it is determined to be safe to do so...perhaps later this week or into next.

Have an awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment