Followers

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

New Table & Other "Stuff"

The new dining table was delivered Monday afternoon...I luv, luv, luv it!  (that's a lotta luv)...



It is very sturdy....and how about that gorgeous tiered tray?  Finally...after a couple of tries to obtain one...can't wait for my faux cupcakes to arrive!!



You will notice a couple of things missing...such as the benches!!  Well...there is a story to them!!   I had purchased one...and it was delivered with the table.  When I was purchasing the table...the store had only one bench in stock...and I was assured it would be no issue to have one ordered in.  It may take a few weeks...before the store had an order the bench could be included in.  I was on board with that.

Then...I receive notification...due to Covid 19...the supplier had shut down for three weeks...again...I was okay with waiting.  Then...I was advised...the bench could be ordered...but the store had received a new "price list" and I would not get the bench for the same price...assuming it would be higher.  And...that it would needed to be ordered separate...for which I would be required to pay $60 for having it shipped to the store.  Okay...that irked me...I advised (very nicely) not to order it...as I could probably get a couple of benches online...Wayfair perhaps.  Black benches are not in short supply!

I then received an email...lecturing me the "pitfalls" of ordering from Wayfair...how shipping is not actually "free" (cause I was born yesterday apparently) and so on.  My final response was rather than admonish me for my shopping choices...spend the effort on customer service...(of which Wayfair is exceptional)...and in my attempt to "shop local"...they had now forced me to go elsewhere.

I loaded the already purchased bench in the SUV and returned it to the store.  At first, the manager refused to accept it..but once I explained all that had transpired...she graciously apologized and refunded my money.  I had not been dealing with her...but rather the owner of the store...in another province.   So...not only did they lose the sale of one bench...but a second one as well.  I did advise that I would never deal with the store again....

So...two black benches are on order...from Wayfair.  I should have done that in the first place!  Moving on....to the recently picked up cabinet....



The top was able to be removed!  Which will make sanding for Mr. Seventies much easier.  I've decided to have him stain the top a dark stain...such as chocolate or dark walnut.  Then we picked out this gorgeous paint colour...(which will be darker when dried)...as well as waxed...



I've been wanting to try transfers for a while now...I ordered these pretty florals rom a Canadian Etsy member.  They can be cut and applied in various patterns...I plan to use them on the front of the cabinet doors.   Once applied...I can wax the whole cabinet...to give it a soft, protective coat.





And an update on my precious grand baby...she is on her way to the IWK today...in an ambulance with her Mama and paramedics to care for her on her trip.  (about a 3-4 hour travel by vehicle).  Her appointment was scheduled for tomorrow...but her paediatrician was concerned about travel by car...and Annabelle has been having great difficulty keeping her tubed feedings down.

Annabelle, her Mama, myself & her grandmother  June, were given these adorable pink hearts...to keep us all connected as we weave our way through this journey with her.   We have sent her with all our love...and know the amazing cardiologists and staff will take exceptional care of our precious girl!




It's currently raining here...much needed.   The sun is forecast to make an appearance later this morning!

Have an awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment