Followers

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Twig Wreaths

Happy May!!  Although it's not feeling much like spring weather today...cool and wet!  Over the weekend I asked Mr. Seventies to make me a couple of twig wreaths...about 8" each.  I didn't care if they weren't round or any particular shape.  He snipped a few branches from a willow tree on our property....and wired them to form a wreath....

I then took some florals I had on hand and hot glued it to the wreaths!  Cost $0.  While one looks round..the other a bit mis-shapen...very original.  I decided not to paint the lattice pieces....if you remember they were taken from the glass doors from my dish hutch Mr. Seventies painted during the winter.  I love how these turned out...and will likely change the wreaths out in the fall....


I was doing some "browsing" on line the other day...and came across this metal tiered stand I'd been mooning over....time to order it and be done with it!!


Does it not look awesome with some goodies on it!  Well....since I'm no longer baking these days...how about some faux cupcakes??   These look good enough to eat...and from the reviews they smell delicious too!  I think they will look amazing on the tiered stand!  Will share photos when these items arrive!




While Liesel & I were out doing a walkabout of the yard and taking in all the flowers that are poking up...I thought this was such a cool sight...growing on the stump of a previous apple tree...kind of cool looking...


Update on our little grand baby Annabelle, who was admitted to the hospital to implement tube feeding while supplementing with formula.  She needs to gain weight and get strong & healthy to undergo heart surgery later in the summer.  Her Mama is staying with her...the nurses and her paediatrician have been amazing...and have fallen in love with our Annabelle.   Here Dad is able to be there as well....but he needs to care for our grand dog Benson...so he goes home in the afternoons to be with him.  With the pandemic restrictions still in place...he can come in and out....once daily.
Mama is getting some well needed rest...the nurses are handling a few of Annabelle's feedings and care.  And she is thrilled they have a Mamaroo at the hospital....one of her favourite spots to be.....girl loves movement!!  Yup...she is snuggled in there....


Understandably, it has been a bit worrisome around here...but we are keeping our fingers crossed for our Sweet Pea..prayers gratefully accepted!

Have an awesome day!!








No comments:

Post a Comment