Followers

Monday, September 7, 2020

Lamp Post Refresh

Our lamp post at the front walk way was looking a little worse for wear.  We discussed replacing it...which seemed wasteful as other than being faded...it works perfectly.  And they usually come in only three colour choices...white, black or bronze brown.

I decided to scope out metal paint colours...with tins only available in red, white or vibrant blue.  Rustoleum spray with the trigger handle has always been my go to spray paint...and this Copper Rose colour would be perfect....I purchased three cans but only used one can and about half of another...



The issue with spraying outside...it has to be a calm day...with little wind.  Hard to get here...but it does happen & thankfully did enough so we could get started.  Mr. Seventies removed the tops of each lantern, wiped everything down and taped off the glass parts....


These will give you an idea of how faded and beat up from the weather the post really was...



The tops after one coat....once dry I gave everything a second coat. This spray paint is great to work with...no over spray or drips....it goes on beautifully...


And when it was all done and put back together....it turned out perfect...for a fraction of the cost of replacing it!!  The actual colour is a little darker than in the photo...the sun was really bright...but I love how it turned out!  


I also cleaned out my dish cabinet and changed up to fall dinnerware and decor...


Our daytime temperatures are still warm and sunny....but things cool down overnight.  My poor Halflinger slippers are looking a little worse for wear...so I ordered these adorable ones!  I sized down..as I find they tend to run big...my daughter wears a smaller size so I tried hers on and the fit was much better on my foot as well.  These slippers are made from felted wool...(in Germany if I recall) and mold to your foot comfortably.  And...they are washable...(air dry).  The soles are suitable for indoor or outdoor use (I only wear mine indoors...) and they come in a variety of styles and designs on the top.  My current ones...have a dachshund...but this time I thought I would change things up a bit!

I was reading on another blog the other day...and in her area...her local Wal Mart was brimming with fall decor!  Not only did she strike some adorable decor...but at great prices as well.  So...I thought I would scout out our Wal Mart's selection.  Pfffttt....so sad...this is it...on the end of the garden hose and left over gardening pots aisle. Whole lot to pick from here...not.  Other than groceries our location carries little else...



I was checking out our garden crop...it appears the squash are doing really well...and we've been enjoying fresh sweet corn on the cob...nothing better than eating vegetables that were growing an hour earlier...hopefully the squash will be ready by Thanksgiving...



We've gotten a lot of use from our fire pit these darker evenings...and what's an outdoor fire without marshmallows?  A real treat...since they are pure sugar and not much else...but what's life if you can't bend the rules a little?  Neither Mr. Seventies or I have ever tried S'mores...so we will settle for toasted marshmallows...but they are on our bucket list!!



I may decide to set out the fall decor on the front step today....will share a photo or two!  Until next time...have an awesome day....and hope you are enjoying a long weekend before the school year kicks off!








No comments:

Post a Comment