Followers

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Odds & Ends

 So...not too much of Teddy so far...although schools are closed...they expect more rain and increasingly high winds...

A quick shout out to one reader who suggested if I chose to go with another electric kettle...to move it to a different location.  Brilliant idea...and thank you for that!  I loved that kettle so much...I purchased it again...and moved it to the opposite side of the counter top range!  So far...so good!!




Mr. Seventies and I will be making a road trip to the Antique/Junk shop...as grand baby has quite the book collection already...and is needing a book case!  This one was for sale...a whopping $20 on their Facebook page...so purchased it to store her growing book collection.  We will take a close look at it...see if it requires painting...or just a thorough cleaning and will work as is.  Once she is older..it will be secured firmly to a wall...in the event she attempts to climb...and we wouldn't want it to tip onto her. Not a bad deal for $20.


We've become those grandparents....the ones who have things set up in their home for when grand baby visits!  She had a wonderful nap in her playpen yesterday afternoon...the little mobile projects stars on the ceiling...just like her crib toy at home!  And it circulates....she loves to watch it and nods off to sleep no problem!



I was sorting through our winter hats, scarves, and mitts...and the leather gloves I purchased last year...did not hold up very well.  And they were brown...and my new leather jacket is black...I found these Thinsulate leather gloves on Amazon..and ordered a pair in black.  I hope they fit well...I prefer them for driving and want them a bit snug. 





I recently sorted through my linen closet and sold quite a number of comforter sets I was no longer using....and want to share the pretty Toile set I ordered....I've never had this colour...so looking forward to seeing how it looks in the master bedroom and if I like it....I'm hoping it's more on the gold shade...or dark mustard...cannot wait for it to arrive. 





So that is it for today...the weather for the next few days forecast beautiful sun and temperatures.  I'm longing for cooler temps though...boots and sweater season is my favourite time of year!  

Welcome to fall ya'll!!



No comments:

Post a Comment