Followers

Monday, October 5, 2020

Back in Action

 Hey all!  We had beautiful weather all last week...summer temperatures in fact.  Now..it's cooled down...more fall feeling.

My laptop had a key that wasn't working....Mr. Seventies attempted to fix it...but it wasn't working properly and was so annoying.  I could have taken it in for repair...but it might have been gone a few days...and I didn't want that.  I purchased a new Mac Book Air...my previous two Macs were Mac Pros...but I see no difference between the two models.  The Air suits my needs just fine.  I will drop my old one off for repair...and Mr. Seventies can use it (it's only three years old...so still lots of life in it yet).

We spent a day in Summerside...picked up grand baby's book case. enjoyed a delicious lunch and on the way home...stopped to pick up a couple of pumpkins at a road side trailer...one Luna (white) and a traditional orange pumpkin...




Mr Seventies has been wanting to put some walking stones on the crushed rock section of our driveway...these stones are really heavy...he will work on it over a stretch of time...it's pretty labour intensive...




We were able to move the bins closer to the back walkway...so they are now out of sight and closer for us to fill....

These are the first three stones...he only brings three stones per trip in our SUV.....as the total weight is around 100 pounds.  He made a couple of trips so....and if the weather is good on the weekend he will continue on with his project....(new gutters are still on the to do list...just waiting for the gutter company to come remove the old ones and install new ones)...




Our drains for the gutters are under the crushed rock...buried in the ground.  Remember when the truck delivering our roof shingles last year caused damage to our newly paved drive?  Well....he also somehow managed to drive over the buried pipe and crack it.  Mr. Seventies dug up the pipe...lowered a new one even further in the ground...then covered it with dirt and crushed rock again.  The opening for water seepage is on the other side of the crushed rock....onto the side lawn.  I'll share photos when he has his project finished. 

I want to share a vintage crib toy I found for grand baby's crib.  (she has one that is adorable...projects stars onto her ceiling).  This particular Fisher Price activity centre....is identical to the one her Mama had in her crib when she was a baby!!  I discovered it on FB marketplace...and it was very close by. Of course it was given a very thorough cleaning and disinfecting...everything works on it.  It just may entice her to roll over....she is so close to it now!




I popped into my favourite decor store a few days ago...just had to admire the fall cushions!!  Look how pretty!!!





This one was very hard to leave behind...I'm crushing on it hard....just sayin'.....


Liesel is like a small child when her Mama comes home from errands...she waits patiently to see if I've brought her a new toy!  Seldom do I disappoint....(I do tuck them away for later use as well).   
Her favourite game is to push them under the furniture...then cry because she cannot reach them!  That's fun....right?



She gets bathed and groomed every eight weeks...but I saw this adorable dog shampoo & conditioner...I didn't purchase it...as I have some on hand...but it was tempting!




And look what is appearing already!  I love it...can never come to early for me!!  How adorable...I have so much Christmas decor now...but it is tempting!  We've decided to put our Christmas tree up in our downstairs family room this year ...we have a cozy propane stove (looks like a wood burning stove).  With my dish cabinet and other cabinet Mr. Seventies refinished for me...there is just no room for a tree!  Not without major re-arranging....and since all the decor is stored downstairs anyways...much easier to get out and set everything up down there!  



And lastly...I have to obsess a little about these Spanx faux leather leggings!  They are amazing...so comfortable...just like wearing sleep pants....only classier!  I own two black pair...and daughter has requested a pair for Christmas!  Good thing I ordered them previously...I was notified they sold out in 24 hours!



That is all my news...glad to be up and running again!  Hope your day is awesome!








No comments:

Post a Comment