Followers

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Let's Do Some Browsing

 I popped into my favourite home decor store a few days ago...some lovely Christmas decor and goodies everywhere!  Oh...I was so tempted...how cute are these characters?



Not much in the way of holiday cushions or throws...but staff was very busy stocking shelves and setting up displays.  I did manage to see this adorable cushion...




I am so crushing on this piece...a cute holiday camper...it would look amazing on a front porch or step...




Some pretty kitchen towels to put you in the holiday mood...




And this little cutie..hanging out looking all adorable...




In keeping with my promise to myself...I have not purchased any new Christmas decor....yet.  I'm sure there will be that one....or two...pieces that I won't be able to resist...my name is Charlotte...and I have a love of all things decor...

In other news...Hallowe'en is a go here...I'm happy little trick or treaters will be able to get out & about safely.  We seldom get goblins...you've read where I've mentioned we live on an extremely busy road...and although we have sidewalks and street lights...parents tend to accompany their little ones in one of the many housing developments off our road.  But...as in the previous 32 years...Mr. Seventies will stock up on treats...just in case this might be the year we get an onslaught of kids!  As usual I advised him to purchase snacks he likes...because he will be the big kid enjoying them!

Last weekend he tied up a few cornstalks to our bird house pole...and added the traditional dachshund themed carved pumpkin!  He does such a great carving job!!



Update on new gutter install - supposed to take place next week!  The construction industry is booming here...and workers are swamped with jobs...it's taken a bit longer to get the new gutters done...but fingers crossed it will happen sooner rather than later. 

The weather has been remaining warm...except in the evenings and over night.  Remember the gorgeous knitted wrap I ordered a few months back from a seller on Etsy?  I had the opportunity to show it off on date night!   Due to Covid...we don't tend to venture into restaurants...but felt a night out was long overdue!  We enjoyed a delicious meal at a local seafood and pub restaurant!



Our little grand daughter...now six months old...continues to thrive!  Her feeding tube was removed a little over two weeks ago..and she has begun "real" food!  Her Mama mixes fresh veggies and fruits in her Magic Bullet...and Annabelle loves to eat!  

I have some fresh cooked squash from our garden and slow cooker mix of apples and raspberry applesauce to drop off today. Milk protein and soy are still an issue...she remains on a prescribed formula...and discovered certain pablum contain milk proteins.   And...drumroll please...she rolled over all on her own yesterday!!  My heart is so happy and full when I hear her laugh...and squeal...she is such a happy little baby now!  

Here's hoping you have an awesome day wherever you are today!





No comments:

Post a Comment