Followers

Monday, September 21, 2020

Teddy - And Not the Cuddly Kind

 We are in a Tropical Storm Watch...for Teddy.  It remains to be seen how much rain and wind we receive...depending on the track of the storm.  100 km/hr winds...we've had many times...as with any of these storms..the concerns are power outages, flooding and tidal surges.  The trees are full of leaves...making them heavy and in danger of falling on power lines and properties.  All we can do is wait this one out....

Remember that amazing new electric kettle I purchased a little while back?  Well...I win the stupidest move of the day...you will never believe what I did.  I filled the kettle...and not sure where my head was at...but instead of setting it on the base...I turned on the range burner & set the kettle on it!!  OMG!!!  I was close by too...when the house filled with smoke and burned vinyl smell...thanfully it did not catch fire!

What a mess on my burner...and we had to open every window & door to clear out the smoke!  Needless to say...the kettle was ruined....once the burner went cold...the vinyl hardened and was easily scraped off with no damage to my ceramic counter top range.   I really loved that kettle too!  I liked the fact it would shut off automatically....in the event we forgot it was turned on.  Mr. Seventies let my Julia Child's kettle boil dry...badly...and it needed to be thrown out.  

The only option is to either purchase the electric kettle again....or go with a stove top whistling kettle.  For now...we are using a Paderno pot to heat water for tea...

The other day, daughter and I were in Wal Mart...how sad is their home decor section?  I mean...so sad.  



We did pick up a couple sets of curtains for grand baby's nursery.  There were always blinds on the windows...but she likes to sleep in a darker room...we found coral and white stripe ones which are so pretty.  I'll take my hand steamer and get the wrinkles out once they have hung a day or two...


In other news...my memorial tattoo is done and healed beautifully.  It has been almost one year since I lost my best friend to a cluster of brain aneurisms.  Such a shock, not to mention a huge loss in my life.  Not a day goes by when I don't think of her and miss her terribly.  Getting this beautiful tattoo in memory of her is my way of coping and bringing me closure..and I know she would love it...


Until we meet again Christine...you will always be in my heart...


Virtual hugs to anyone who is dealing with the loss of a loved one.






2 comments:

  1. Do you own a microwave? It's much safer to heat water in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do....but I'm weird...I like to boil my water in a kettle. To me...the tea taste better..don't ask me why. My friend boils her water in the microwave...but it just isn't the same. Thanks for the great suggestion though.

      Delete