Followers

Friday, April 23, 2021

Almost There....

I can't believe...looking back it was February 25 when we started working on the house.  And to think it all started with slipcovers!  (which I am not missing btw...life has become more stress free not having to continually worry about keeping them pristine).

We are so close to the finish line...only two doors each requiring one final coat of paint...and we are done.  Done for now.  Mr. Seventies wants the tackle the back entry at some point, we have new base mouldings for it...and it will be painted...but we (he) needs a bit of a break.  Every room on this level has been painted...along with all the window casings, door casings, base mouldings and all the interior doors.  And six new light fixtures installed!

Love, love, love how the doors turned out!  Each door was sanded...and given a fresh look...sneak peek..and that is a new brown-ish area rug in my vanity room...it's an 8 x 10 size and covers most of the floor...


I haven't purchased much in the line of home decor...as we have purged and purged...and purged some more.  But I found a sweet table runner (Amazon)....and well....I still have my obsession with cows...


And I still need a couple of small things to tweak areas here and there...and I ordered this piece...if the flowers are not decent quality...I will replace them...


It will be a little longer until I can do a home tour...and you will notice items I did keep...may now be in a different spot.   But all in all...it will be great to have things done (if we are ever done).   We've done so much cleaning as well...cabinets, floors and since we had the paint....Mr. Seventies gave the main bath a refresh as well. 

Today is not much like spring here...windy...possibly a few flurries.  Every day there are new flowers poking through in the gardens...and shrubs & trees are beginning to bud.  The pool is a beautiful (sarcasm) murky green...but about 3/4 full of melted snow and ice.  In a few weeks...we will be opening it for the swim season.

Have an awesome weekend...and stay safe.   



No comments:

Post a Comment