Followers

Monday, April 12, 2021

Monday Happenings

Great news!  The door casings are ready for pick up...Mr. Seventies will hopefully retrieve them and the base mouldings & take them to the shop for painting (the are sold primed) either today or tomorrow. All the interior window frames have been repaired (if needed), sanded & given three coats of paint. & shutters re-installed.  Mr. Seventies completed the main bath window over the weekend.  

I picked up this adorable planter (on the ledge) at Home Sense...too cute with the eyewear...I hope you can see it in this photo...


As well...he hung our dachshund canvas in the front entry.  This canvas was done a few years back by a local artist I met at one of our dachshund rescue events.  She was selling it for $250...and oh I wanted it so badly.  But could not justify spending that kind of money....so I put it out of my mind.

Fast forward a few months...and I discovered the painting on Kijiji for $25!!  The artist was cleaning out her stock...at rock bottom prices!  And the rest of the story is pretty clear...it was meant to be mine.


The second chair is tracking for delivery on April 21st!  Fingers crossed it arrives on date...or earlier..with no issues!  I've never ordered a piece of furniture on Amazon...so we shall see how it goes.  The reviews were great...so I'm hopeful. 

I added my new dinnerware in my cabinet...I'm sure my taste is not for everybody...but I'm okay with that. I do me quite well.  And pay no attention to all the You Tube or tv "designers" out there...fun to watch...but that is about it.


This is how things are kind of looking currently....one chair at least...


Another angle...


I have numerous decor items that I won't be using...daughter who lives close by is going to go through the stash & anything that she can use in her home...is hers.  Our bubble to the other Maritime provinces is still closed...so unable to visit with my other daughter in Nova Scotia or her visit here.  Hopefully soon though. 

It's cool here today...with a stiff breeze.  Spring has sort of sprung...the ice is melted in the pool...so things are looking up!

Hope you have an awesome day & stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment