Followers

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Family Room Refresh

The family room is done...(not sure yet about these lamps in this room...) and still have a bit of the cow thing going on.  I worked in the dairy industry for a number of years...my office was cow heaven!!  



We shuffled things around a bit....and it works...and these are a couple of my favourite pieces...



And my tool box Mr. Seventies sanded and re-finished...found a purpose...the flickering candles in the lantern...are on a timer...love when they come on in the evenings....



I really love how this area turned out....we are able to open the shutters to allow light and sun flood in...


One piece of decor I did pick up for the coffee table...this cute mason jar piece.  I can't wait to fill them with flowers from our gardens! (I check daily to see what is up)...


We're down to having the pellet stove running early mornings and evenings....be happy when it's warm enough to shut it off for the season!


The light fixture I shared in my last post arrived (for the back entry)  is not suitable.  To hang it so it looks nice...the back door will strike it when being opened and closed.  We tried shortening it...but it looked really weird.  Sadly, it was returned.  We will have to go with a more flush mount...as opposed to a hanging fixture...

And I scored another Gripstand bowl!!  Number 10 in my collection!!


I have worshipped this enormous canvas painting for years!!  And you will never guess where it hangs! (not my home.....I wish)...



It is displayed in a hallway at our local hospital!!  I admire it every time I am there.  I presumed it was painted by a local artist...there must be a signature or small plaque on the back....I was unable to find it...without looking oddly suspicious...lol!   I wish I knew more about it.....the story behind it,  the artist, and who likely donated it....

It's sunny & going to be a beautiful day here.  Mr. Seventies is busy detailing the SUV...it sorely needs it.  He is one happy camper to be finished painting!  Now if we could get more than the odd day of sun...we could get some outside cleaning and raking done.  

Today is our daughter's birthday!  We are celebrating this weekend...Benson, our little doxie grand dog is battling pancreatitis...please keep him in your prayers.  He has seen his veterinarian twice in the last few days...and is taking medications.  No appetite still today.  :(

Thanks for stopping by & take care!!


No comments:

Post a Comment