Followers

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Sun For A Few Days

It's been gorgeous having three full days of sun to enjoy!!  Although we have to contend with a cool breeze from the North...keeping it a bit cool.... the gardens are cropping up flowers every day!

Rain returns overnight...so before it does...I picked a pretty bunch of Hyacinth! And they smell a-m-a-z-i-n-g!


I ordered a new garden flag...for you fellow Outlander fans...you will understand the significance of the bee hive..in honour of Diana Gabaldon's newest book in the Outlander series "Go Tell The Bees I'm Home".... the series is currently in production in Scotland.  Oh Droughtlander....you are lasting waaay too long!!

Oops...forgot to post photo of garden flag....apologies...


And...I've been crushing on these string of solar lights...and ordered a set from a discount store here (there were none in the store).  They have arrived & I hope to pick them up tomorrow.  Once the pool is operational...Mr. Seventies is going to hang them on an exterior pool deck wall...be nice to have them glowing in the evenings...the string is 12 feet in length...


Our favourite green house is open...if weather permits we hope to visit on the weekend.  They usually have the most gorgeous begonias in beautiful pinks, peach, and yellows...and they bloom all summer!  If they grew any...I'll pick up a few and plant them in pots on the back steps.  The blossoms are huge and they last and last...

A local hardware store has outdoor area rugs on sale...so want to pop in and take a look at them.  Could use a new one for underneath the wicker deck furniture.

I haven't found a light fixture for the back entry yet...I'm still on the hunt...but will share when I find one to my liking.  Mr. Seventies has been busy raking the lawns and cleaning up the flower beds...and "squaring up" the side garden.  He says that each year...lol...I think he just likes to expand it!  No need to justify it to me....I love reaping the rewards of his gardening skills!  He also had his first Covid vaccine...just a little bit of a sore arm...no worse than having the flu shot.  I am having my first one next week...

Hope you are having an awesome day where you are.  Stay safe & please be kind.  





No comments:

Post a Comment