Followers

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Our New Ride

After 10 years of faithful service....we said goodbye to our much loved SUV.  Even though it was in excellent condition....and low mileage...we decided it was time to upgrade.  I've been watching & waiting for a good deal on this SUV...and my patience paid off.  

We picked up our Mitsubishi Outlander late in the afternoon & at the dealership chuckled at the sign hanging on the mirror...


It just so happens, as I've mentioned before...I'm a huge fan of the television show Outlander.  Where I come from...it's tradition to name your vehicle....so let me introduce you to James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser....(Jamie for short).....


He is incredibly handsome...just like my favourite character in the show....lol...



Crushing hard on the leather interior...and you can seat 7 passengers...of lay the back two seats down for additional cargo space...and I'm looking forward to using the back up camera when needed....


Now this is new to us....push button start...can you tell we are not "car people"?  Some folks are...needing to trade vehicles every 3-4 years (My Dad was like that)...that is not us.  Mr. Seventies has always left the acquisition of vehicles to me.  He doesn't have the time or the inkling to get involved...and assures me that if I'm happy...he's happy.  That's not to say he is not involved or kept in the loop every step of the way...as I'm more comfortable going over things with him....he knows I've done my homework...and know what I want...and how to achieve it....



And oh...the Outlander drives like a dream...during the test drive it was like I'd been driving it forever.  The Outlander is bigger than our previous SUV...but doesn't feel cumbersome or too much vehicle to handle.  We hit it off famously...

I ordered a protective mat for the cargo area...and winter mats for the floors.  The floor mats are in...picking them up today.  The cargo mat will be in later next week. 

In other news...I had my first Covid vaccine yesterday...so far so good.  Little soreness in my arm..but other than that...no problems.  I had the Pfizer vaccine....whereas Mr. Seventies had the Moderna.  We were both advised mid August the second dose will likely be administered.  

I did get asked, by a relative in the US..why the long time in between doses...and to answer that...Canada does not manufacture the vaccine.  We rely on other countries for our supply.  Our health officials felt it was better to give all residents at least the first dose...rather than wait until 2-3 doses was available for everyone.  Since some residents...in other countries are refusing the vaccines...supply may become more readily available for us.  Their loss-our gain. 

The sun is out here...I picked a beautiful bouquet of daffodils yesterday...and Liesel is excited to have her car seat installed in the new SUV.  Won't be long until her nose art will decorate the window!

Have an awesome day & be kind to one another!


No comments:

Post a Comment