Followers

Monday, May 31, 2021

Monday Catch Up

We've been out & about to garden centres...and working around the yard & gardens. Mr. Seventies had a few yards of compost delivered and spent a couple of days getting it spread in the flower and vegetable gardens. He decided to till the veggie garden...it finally stopped raining for a few days.  We have potatoes & onions planted so far....




We took a short drive to a beautiful garden centre and country market...Mr. Seventies picked up a couple more perennials....while I browsed the market area...first beautiful item to catch my eye was the gorgeous hummingbird cushion...


And only that our back entry is too small...this adorable hooked mat would have come home with me...it would have fit if it was laid vertically...but that isn't the look I wanted...


And of course....bees are everywhere and on everything it seems...adorable...and the little bee covered glasses...I didn't even notice the wall decor in the back...with a large bee in the centre...


And this cute planter was so tempting....


I'm crushing hard on this platter...which was available in two sizes...this was the larger of the two...(and bottles of honey available of course)...


How cute are these owl cushions?  Would look so cute sitting on a bed...or sofa...


I had a chuckle when I saw this adorable sign...hopefully I'm fairly good at both!!  


I decided to join Mr. Seventies in the garden centre...I took a couple of videos...a gorgeous water fall...with fish in the pond...and I've tried numerous times to upload them from my phone to share...to no avail.  I've resized the files, attempted to email them, upload them...and nothing is working.   And....I didn't get photos...which sucks.  But I did get a couple to share...this beautiful gazebo...oh and the fragrance of the flowers was amazing...


The garden centre is huge....with flowers and plants both indoors and out...you can see the water fountain in the background in this photo....


This is an indoor plant...I thought it was so interesting...and pretty...have no idea what it is...


We decided to venture to a green house in the city...which was having a sale...with a bountiful selection of annuals, potted flowers, perennials, trees, shrubs and so on.  I spotted a gorgeous two coloured peony (its a double bloom)...but Mr. Seventies said we had no room left in our gardens for another peony...since we have four already.

I left him to peruse the perennials while I went inside to check out the annuals...and before long he joined me...carrying the peony!  He said we'd make room for it since I loved it so much!!  I pulled out the photo stake before he planted  it...how gorgeous is this going to be when it blooms?  Beautiful pink and coral...and love that it is deer resistant...although we have no deer here.....lol....


While Mr. Seventies was planting our new addition.....I picked a pretty bouquet of tulips...


Mr. Seventies plans to extend the garden along the walkway off the pool deck...there are so many varieties of tulips now....and it would be nice to have a few more....

We are watching the long range forecast for next weekend...cloudy and warm is what we need to stain the outdoor decks and steps.  And get the pool opened for the summer...

Another project on the horizon is re-doing the front walk....the large walking stones have settled...and we've decided to lift them & place them on the crushed rock area of the drive...and the new ones we set in that area last year...will move to the front walk...we need to pick up two more...for a total number of eight stones needed.   Sand is needed to spread under each stone...so rather than purchase umpteen bags of it...we will get a small trailer load of sand brought in.   I'm pushing to hire this work out...but Mr. Seventies is again....pushing back...wanting to do it himself.  I'll ask our son-in-law to come be a strong back and help out...I know he won't mind at all. 

And lastly...I've had a real struggle to find suitable sandals this year...I've ordered a couple of pair...and returned them.  As much as I am not a fan of Birkenstock...I ended up with these ones.  The have a soft footbed...and don't make me feel I have Freddy Flintstone feet!!   The colour is khaki..and I like that they don't have the wide strap bands.  I have sandals for dressier wear..but need something for slipping on and getting out & about. 


Miss Liesel has a spa appointment this morning....I'll run a few errands while she is "enjoying" her treatment.  She has an amazing, gentle, patient groomer...a perfect fit for Liesel. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day wherever you are!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment