Followers

Monday, May 17, 2021

Full Day Outing

Since the weather has finally turned around and we are enjoying warm, sunny days...we took advantage and enjoyed a road trip around the Island.  We are currently open for on Island travel only...and not in lockdown.  We still adhere to all safety protocols when out & about....

The first stop was a favourite greenhouse Mr. Seventies enjoys visiting...and usually comes home with 5 or 6 new perennials.  This visit was no different...here he is just getting started...


We were there just at the right time as the greenhouses were stocked fully...this section is just for perennial plants and shrubs...with another area devoted to annuals and vegetable plants and seeds...


I left him to peruse the greenhouses...and ventured into the attached gift shop...oh they had some really great pieces....check out this adorable garden flag...and it was on sale.  I already have a new one for this year...but now wish I had picked one up....


I seriously contemplated getting this tin sign...it was only $14.99!!  My problem .... where to hang it once I had it home?    I'm trying to keep the less cluttered vibe going in our home...


And who doesn't love an adorable family of garden gnomes?  These are just too cute...


Mr. Seventies thought this sign was appropriate...and with my "bee thing" (as he calls it)...it was tempting...


I fell for these planters....hard!  There were not cheap...but were on sale...for 20% off!!  


After our visit to the green house....we decided to stop and grab some lunch at the cutest retro diner...definately a blast from the past!!




The exterior which is just getting the outside prepped and ready for the summer season...they are replacing the outdoor eating space with picnic tables and seating more from the time period....


Booths were so bright and colourful!!  And the staff were so friendly...


Remember the old tunes selector...put in your change...and your selection would play on the jukebox?  These were "just for looks"...but Mr. Seventies enjoyed browsing the song selections...all songs we were familiar with....



A few of the song choices?  Do you remember any of them?


Everything was so bright and clean...and it was fun to see all the retro decor pieces...like Betty Boop....


This particular sign has significance to us.  Did you know this brand....formerly Estabrooks tea (produced coffee as well)....is now Red Rose tea?  I have an antique tin I picked up a while back from a junk shop....it's rusty on top...but the tin itself is clear...and is identical to this one...



We remember when gas station pumps looked like this...and an attendant would come out and pump your gas...no self serve back then...


And the most important part...the food was delicious!  We thoroughly enjoyed our blast from the past!!

We arrived home late in the afternoon...and look who followed us home!!  I wasn't sure where to set them...but Mr. Seventies likes them sitting here...and since they are ceramic we don't want to place them outside....


With the sun and warmer temperatures....our gardens are coming to life....isn't it amazing how things survive over the winter?


Tulips are opening up...and our Bridal Wreath Spirea is budding...as are most trees and shrubs...we are about a month behind the other Maritime provinces...as far as everything blooming...


Switching gears a bit...look at this cute little honey pot I found...at Wal Mart!  Adorable...it sits on my kitchen window sill...ties in with my whole Outlander obsession...if you follow the series....


And lastly...the other day...as I sat enjoying a cup of tea...I happened to notice a dog roaming loose on the property across the road.  At first I thought there must be a person with the dog...but after watching for a couple of minutes....I quickly realized he/she was unattended!  I watched in terror as it headed towards the road!

I quickly grabbed my sneakers, flew out the door...and pretty much stopped traffic to get across the road!  I shooed the dog back...and he skittered away...but still roamed back and forth between two houses.  I thankfully had thought to grab my cell phone...and called our local shelter to report the dog...all the while standing on the side of the road to make certain the dog didn't attempt to cross it.  

Just as the animal control office was arriving...the dog ran in back of one of the houses.  The officer and I suspect the dog lived in the housing development in back of the house where he took off to...so he was going to search the area.  I'd never seen the dog before...he was an adorable black cocker spaniel with a cute frosty muzzle...he was definitely someone's pet.  

I didn't see the dog again...and the officer called to say the dog was safe and sound at home...he had snuck out when the owner's door didn't close quick enough behind him.  

All is well that ends well.  There are no second chances for animals and pets on our road...it's that busy.  

It's going to be another beautiful day here on our Island!  Hope it's the same for where ever you are today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!














No comments:

Post a Comment