Followers

Monday, May 10, 2021

Master Bedroom Refresh

Happy Monday!!  And a belated Happy Mother's Day to all Moms...I hope you were showered with lots of love and blessings.  We had a lovely celebratory meal at daughter's home...with her hubby & grand baby.  Even the miserable, wet, windy & cold day couldn't dampen my spirits!  I was showered with lovely cards...and gift cards to a couple of my favourite haunts.  My other daughter gifted me with this adorable tart burner!  My family knows me well....


We pulled the master bedroom together...as you may notice...it's a much less cluttered version.  While I do love the wooden sign over the bed...I'm keeping my eye open for something bigger...I'll know it when I find it.  The light teal chenille bedspread & shams I've had for a while now...however this is the first time I've used it on the bed.  It's a beautiful set...very soft and cozy.  Chenille was all the rage when I was growing up....sharing a bedroom with my older sister...in matching twin beds!!  


Since we never watched tv in the bedroom...we decided to move the tv to the lower level family room...we seldom have the tv's turned on.  With laptops and tablets...we can stream anything we want to watch.  And it gives me space to add some decor and photos & my beloved doxie plate made the trek down the hall from the family room to the bedroom....


You can see the beautiful new mouldings and door trim in this photo...really happy with how they turned out....


And I couldn't be happier with the wall colour...a gorgeous dark green...


This photo is a little lighter...it's either darker in this room or full on sun in the afternoon...so I'll work with the light I have at the time...



Next stop....will be the kitchen.  We spent a couple of days decluttering cabinets, reorganizing and wiping the inside and exterior doors and drawers.  I'm looking forward to having the back entry re-done as well..whenever the painting bug hits Mr. Seventies again.  Only fair he gets a reprieve for a while...he is such a meticulous painter....as good as any professional in my opinion.  

Today....the sun is out!  I picked a pretty bouquet from the gardens...in between rain showers over the weekend.  Oh...the fragrance is amazing!


I'm hopeful to have tulip bouquets in the upcoming days!  We've had a very soggy & cold spring...but the trees are budded out and the grass is green and getting long.

Hope you are having beautiful weather where ever you are today!  









No comments:

Post a Comment