Followers

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Kitchen - Fresh & Clean

The kitchen walls were painted...new door casings, base mouldings and window frames given three coats of paint as well..  The Gripstand bowl directly above the microwave is the newest addition to my collection....




The table runner I ordered weeks ago finally arrived...took quite a while...but worth the wait.  If you look hard...you can see a little furry head peaking through the gate....I didn't realize Liesel was supervising...



And this cow canvas now calls the kitchen home....keeping a watchful eye....


The turquoise bread bin was a FB Marketplace find...the top is actually a cutting board.  I don't cut on it...but these sell at Home Sense for $40 & up....I paid $10.  I tucked my other metal bread box away....I wasn't ready to let it go just yet..  And the cute canister set I purchased on Amazon gets used on a daily basis...and saves steps back & forth to the pantry...


My friend & I stopped into Michael's...it was mid week and the store was quiet.  She was looking for floral decor for her home...I spotted this sign...I'm kinda into bees this year.  Mr. Seventies would think this was appropriate for me...


I loved this farm canvas....and the adorable piglet.  I displayed great self control and did not purchase anything....


Today is vaccination day for me...Mr. Seventies had his first dose last week...with nothing more than a tender arm for a day or two.  Let's hope I'm as fortunate.  

I have some other news to share later in the week....nothing home related....but this may give you a little hint.  This is from a seller on Etsy (not my vehicle)....if any of you watch Outlander...you will understand this saying completely.   (yes...I have this decal ordered)......



I popped into Princess Auto...it was my first visit to the store.  It's Home Sense for men!!  Not sure what I was expecting...but I didn't spend long browsing aisles.  Too much testosterone at every turn...although my friend Anne...loves the store!!  She has large dogs...and shares they have the best dog beds!  Liesel doesn't have a dog bed...due to her "humping" practices...enuf said.   I did order a set of winter floor mats that were on sale from their website.  Mr. Seventies is a fan of the store...great place he reports to get tools and such. 

It's raining here (again) this morning...supposed to clear off after lunch.  April & May have been wet months here...great grass growing season.  We visited one of our favourite green houses last weekend...I was able to get four gorgeous Begonias to plant in pots on the deck...and Mr. Seventies chose three new perennial plants...and we picked up a beautiful  Rhododendron for daughter for Mother's Day.  

And I have a couple of small clothes orders to share...nothing major...a few cute t shirts and denim shorts for summer....

That's all the news from here.  Be safe where you are....til next time....





  

No comments:

Post a Comment