Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

New Casings & Base Mouldings Are Painted

And tentatively will be installed tomorrow or Friday....depending on the weather (as the saw needs to be set up & used outside).   Once installed, Mr. Seventies will caulk where necessary & paint & fill the nail holes. 

There is about 40 feet of this moulding in the workshop... to add a bit of detail to the main interior doors...(not the closet door)...but all doors will receive fresh paint to match the base mouldings and window frames.  Paul was checking on the status on of the remaining amount required...either what they have in stock or needs to be ordered. 

As a reminder...we are doing something like this.  We're not going to change out our current pewter knobs and hinges...as they are fairly new....



A small piece of the trim...we need about 80 ft....I love that it has such pretty detail...



Mr. Seventies plans to take a couple of the doors to the workshop for sanding...and installing the trim...

Not sure if you can see in the photo, we measured out placement for the mouldings...this is a rough idea...
we also wrote the measurements down on paper....




I was searching for something in the storage room...and came across my picnic basket.  It had been in my family for as long as I can remember...many years ago I was visiting my Dad and we were in his small storage shed working on a project...when I looked overhead...and saw the basket.  On the top, in red marker was our family name...my Dad did not know the origins of the basket...where it came from or how long it had been around.  This was back in the early 90's...I brought it home...cleaned & restained it.  

Remember tole painting was all the rage back then?  A co-worker painted the top...I gave her cart blanche to paint whatever she wanted on the cover....


I have wonderful memories of going on picnics as a child & my Mom packing the basket full of delicious goodies and treats....we have used it over the years as well...


Definitely going to pack it up & do some short roads trips around the Island this summer...and enjoy a picnic or two!

Update on the new chair...delivery is set for Monday!  I'm hoping it's perfect!

It's been cold and very windy here the last few days...not very spring like.  Hoping it turns around in the next couple of days!

Have an awesome day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment