Followers

Monday, December 6, 2021

Outdoor Greenery

In keeping with tradition....Mr. Seventies put together a couple of outdoor wreaths & planter (using our stoneware crock)...

The front door wreath is so heavy it required two suction cups to secure it...but we've used this wreath base in the past...and fresh greens were added here & there...



Everything in the planter was foraged from our property....we are careful when using holly...as the berries are toxic...should Liesel ever decided to eat one.  I didn't use my bow maker & put together the bow...I picked it up at the discount store...and it works great.  This photo was taken at night...as Mr. Seventies was putting outdoor lights on our tree closest to the house.  After Christmas we will pick up new lights...the current ones have a few sockets that have stopped working...and the bulbs are older in style & getting harder to find replacements...



And reindeer baby is making an appearance again this year...these are super popular here right now...available in various sizes...



And of course, our newest acquisition...we've named him Wally...Liesel gives him a bark or two when she sees him in her yard...



The wreath at the back door...Mr Seventies used a base we had on hand and covered it with holly!  I still have to attach a bow...but it looks amazing!  


I popped into Home Sense one afternoon last week...and could not believe what I found!  And there was just one!  A plush wire dachshund!  Wire dachshund anything are hard to find...I couldn't believe it when I saw it.  Of course...it had to come home with me!  


Our first wire hair dachshund, Xena...was about the same Wheaton colour!  Liesel is what as known as Wild Boar.  I have to keep this one up away from prying eyes...lest she think it a toy for her to shred..


I absolutely love this piece...and as I was in the line up at checkout...it was going through cash with a shopper!!   Gorgeous cake stand....and the handle is a beautiful bow!




A cute cushion for anyone who is a camper...or just loves camping style....


I had seen this Rae Dunn piece on previous visit....and thought it would be perfect after the holidays to use in the kitchen & dispense dish soap!  It was currently discounted in price...so popped it in my cart.  I've tested it already as a dispenser and it works perfect.  



A bit of messy weather forecasted for later today...rain, snow & ice pellets.  I plan to run a few errands this morning...pick up new wipers for the Outlander.  We replaced the back window wiper...and the front ones are due.  

Thanks for stopping by today!  The countdown to Christmas is on!!  How is your shopping coming along?  I finally finished wrapping...not a chore I enjoy.  Gift bags were made for people like me!  But it's completed...I have a little bit of holiday baking ordered (I'm not much on baking these days).  Grand baby & her Dad are constructing a gingerbread house...it should be pretty "spectacular" when completed!

Say safe & have an awesome day where you are!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment