Followers

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Christmas Dinnerware

 I ordered my Christmas dishes (Certified International) when Bed Bath & Beyond were having a sale...and they arrived a few days ago.   As I was unpacking them I set them on the table & took a quick photo...keep in mind the table is not fully set.


I'm so happy with them...and the quality!   Even Mr. Seventies commented inquiring if we can use them or if they are "just for looks"!  And we do intend to use them!  

When my friend and I visited a shop located in an old train station in Kensington a couple of weeks ago, it was closed.  Luckily it was open when we visited again...and there was an abundance of amazing items in the shop!  There was a large selection of Prim items...and I didn't think it was still a thing.  Apparently I was wrong.  


I love this lantern and cardinals...and there were candles of every shape and size....


A cabinet full of goodies...loving the trucks...and I did pick up a couple of packages of soy tarts and a candle...



How cute are these signs with adorable mittens...



Another cabinet loaded with Christmas awesome-nesss!


And I couldn't help but notice adorable camper tree ornaments...


Next to the shop there is a little cafe, where we had planned to enjoy a quick lunch...and of course...it was closed!  As was the pub across from it!  So we opted for a hot cup of tea & muffin at the coffee shop!

I had planned to visit the shop close to our house the other day....but the weather was miserable!  The wind blew hard all day...and add snow into the mix...it was a nasty day!  There is still time...so hopefully a day next week I'll make the short trip.

Here's my girl...just sitting there...looking all adorable!  Don't you wish you could read their little minds?  I'm pretty good at knowing her wants and needs...but this one....just says she is happy and content!  (and maybe wanting a treat)...or to play with her little toy beside her....



Mr. Seventies brought this card in that was attached to our compost collection cart!  The sanitation worker left it...I think he deserves a candy cane next week!  These cards are left when they recognize you are doing a great job with sorting compost, waste, and recyclables.  If you are not doing a great job...or put something in the wrong bin...you will get a rejection sticker and your cart or bags will not be taken until the situation is rectified.  But every now and again they like to acknowledge when you are doing a great job!  Recycling is taken very serious here...we are on an Island after all. 



I've ordered a new car seat for our SUV for grand baby.  The one we currently have...is difficult to get her in and out of...and the straps are a real pain.  The motor vehicle office will install car seats at no charge.as some are pretty complicated for these old gaffers...but our son-in-law is getting to be a pro at it...so he's going to install it when it arrives.   We take her frequently in our vehicle so a safety seat is a must.  

We're inching closer to Christmas aren't we?  Schools are closing early for Christmas break (as in tomorrow) and it is unsure when they will re-open in January.  Covid is spreading and wreaking havoc...we have new restrictions in place...and more to come.  Very glad we've been able to get out and about and have things done so we can be a home more if necessary.

Stay safe where you are and have an awesome day!!








No comments:

Post a Comment