Followers

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Christmas Beauty Everywhere!

Is it just me or has everyone noticed how beautiful homes, yards and stores are amazingly decorated for the holidays?  I think people are just ready for some pretty distractions after the year we've just had.  In our neighbourhood, streets are lined with wonderful outdoor lights and decor.  Some are elegant and simple...others have gone full elf mode...lights and blow up figures, manger scenes, grinches, snowmen and Santas everywhere!  So festive and fun to see!

Mr. Seventies sister sent us a beautiful arrangement...such a pretty lantern in the centre! There are roses, pine cones, pretty ribbon...and an adorable cardinal ornament.  Long after the greens are done...we'll still be able to hold onto some pieces as keepsakes....



My friend and I took a day and visited a number of decor shops outside the city area...the first stop...at a shop called Prestige...is huge and takes in three shops in one...a decor shop, home goods and a floral studio.  The number of trees decorated was wonderful!!  This first smaller tree had the cutest ice skate ornaments...



I can honestly say I've never seen a red tree before!!  I presume they are available...or perhaps it was spray painted...although at close look...I think it is an actual red artificial tree!  Simply stunning....red & gold...


And a couple or pretty red & white traditional trees....



And this so pretty in soft pink and gold accents....beautiful for a bedroom.  I'd love to do a smaller tree in the bedroom...but Liesel's night time crate takes up the necessary space...and it's her corner....so she is priority over a tree....


This is my pal, Judy...modelling with a tree she was pretty smitten with...perfect for a nursery!!  She and her husband just welcomed twin grandsons in November...adding to their collection of five! grand children!  The boys are still in the NICU...but now weighing over seven pounds each!  And hope to be home in time for Christmas!!

We had such a fun day...a lot of laughs...and managed to get lost a time or two!!



And then the home decor...oh m gee!  I love this place!  The large cow painted pallets hanging behind our sofa came from this shop...it is one of my favourite haunts!!


There is just something about barns...gets me every time!  You would think I was raised on a farm!  (I wasn't)...maybe I should have been....


There are furniture pieces...sofas...chairs...and this beautiful piece!  Would make an awesome sideboard...or if you have a large entry....*swoon*...


Judy & I both stood with our mouths agape...admiring not only the awesome-ness of this swag...but those light fixtures!!  Available in two sizes....


And some adorable decor pieces...everywhere in the store!!  I just took photos of my favourites....like this one...


Pretty cushions....and quilts...and throws...and did I mention an abundance of candles and tarts?  The smells were amazing!  I felt right at home...


Oh...peeps....I could have photographed so much more!  But I feel most readers would be nodding off by now!  And we visited a couple of smaller shops...I'll share those photos another day.  

We plan, weather permitting...to scour out some of the after Christmas sales!  The weather was perfect for our outing...what bit of snow we received...has been washed away by rain showers.  I much prefer a green Christmas anyways!

This afternoon I plan to visit a small shop not far from our home...I've heard some wonderful things about it!  And free hot chocolate for shoppers! Win-win. 

I hope you have an amazing day & thank you for stopping by!!





No comments:

Post a Comment