Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

A Visit To A Home Decor Boutique

My friend & I spent an afternoon visiting an adorable home decor boutique located in Cavendish.  If you've heard of Anne of Green Gables....then you likely know the homestead of the writer of that series, Lucy Maud Montgomery's homestead is located in Cavendish.  It's a little tourist destination...with shops and activities for adults...as well as children.  

A couple of home decor pop up boutiques have opened around the Island...one such place on the way to Cavendish we planned to check out...was closed.  But we continued on...and were not disappointed when we visited Cottage Life Boutique.  I mentioned in a previous post I ordered a couple of pottery snowmen mugs...and rather than have them shipped...I picked them up at the store.  I'm loving these mugs...



The shop is small...but jam packed with amazing decor and goodies...these cuties were readily waiting to greet us upon entering.....


A beautiful assortment of Christmas decor and gifts...gnomes are so big this year!!  




How cute are these snowman mugs as well?  I was so tempted to pick up a couple...but since I have a number of Christmas mugs...I held off.  As with the mugs I purchased, these are hand made pottery, so each one is slightly different...


Now...this sign made absolutely no sense to me!  My friend explained I needed to watch the Christmas movie Elf apparently to understand.!  Regardless...I love the sign.....and the delicious sounding wassail kit in the background....


Now this mug....spoke to me!!  We had a great chuckle upon seeing it...yup...more me than Ninnymuggins I guess...


There was an assortment of beautiful cushions, throws and adorable door mats...


Upon leaving the shop, we drove the short distance to Kensington and while another shop in an old train station was closed...we enjoyed a hot beverage and treat at a small cafe that was open!  We thoroughly enjoyed our outing...my friend picked up a few great gifts for her family and loved ones and we've decided to pick a day next week...and venture to the western part of the Island to take in a few more decor shops, have lunch...make a day of it!  

Mr. Seventies was busy at home while I was perusing the decor shop...he put together a festive planter for the front step!  With nothing but items we have on our property.  (except for the bow).  Planters being sold here are going for $35 and upwards...set in smaller, plastic pots....my crock comes into service for our planter...


He wrapped lights around the tree closest to our house...and I'm loving our newest addition...tacky I know...but cute.  Liesel enjoys giving him the odd bark or two...


Much cooler here the past couple of days...still wet with a mixture of snow flurries and rain!  I hope you enjoyed tagging along with me....fingers crossed the weather co-operates some day next week so we're able to venture west & visit different shops!

Have an awesome day!  I plan to get some wrapping done today...I've put it off long enough...since it's one of my least favourite activities.  Gift bags are meant for people like me!!




No comments:

Post a Comment