Followers

Friday, April 8, 2022

Bedroom Refresh....Done!

And I couldn't be happier!  I did, however remember why I'm not a huge fan of draperies or curtain panels. Unless you have them professionally measured and installed...your measurements have to be precise.  I was praying through the whole install that I had done so properly. 

And I did!  I measured four inches down from the ceiling for a custom length of 90"panels and three inches on either side beyond the window frame and still have the proper fullness.  It seemed simple enough.  The look on Mr, Seventies face though when I advised the panels were to  "kiss the floor"....I'm sure he thinks I made that up!  Hanging them this way...makes the window and room appear larger...




And the comforter and panels are the exact same fabric and pattern!  Almost like I knew what I was doing!!

Liesel's "bedroom" underwent a refresh as well!!  New custom crate pad and cover...


When the weather warms up, the cover will be removed...although dachshunds like to be burrowed in...she also has her red and white bone pattern throw in her crate to snuggle....(it was in the dryer at time of photo).....


And since it is that time of year, P.J. Bunny has made an appearance...he's just kind of hanging out.  (P.J. Funny Bunny was a book we used to read our daughter when she was little....now grand baby has it read to her)....


I'm happy to have the room completed and with the quality of the bedding and curtains.  I promise I won't be redoing them anytime soon.  When hot weather comes...I will switch out the comforter to a white Matelasse coverlet I have on hand.  I packed up the electric blanket for another year...although I'm not certain it will be needed next winter...the weight of this comforter will probably be enough.

We are still on schedule for the heat pump tomorrow.  These pumps not only provide heat...but also air conditioning in the summer months.  While I'm not thrilled with the location of the vent being installed in the family room...it is the suitable location.  And it won't look so bad when it's 32 degrees with a humidex of 42 degrees.  We are seeing those warm temps here...something we couldn't say 20 years ago.  Air conditioning wasn't required much then...but our summers are longer and hotter now.  No complaints from me on that. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!   Apparently the install will take most of Monday to complete...I'll be sure to share pics of our new addition!! 

I'll be joining Between Naps on the Porch on Monday for Metamorphosis Monday 






2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, your refresh looks amazing! Love the patterns you chose - they are really pretty! I know you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim! I'm so happy with how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete