Followers

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Home Decor Browsing

Liesel's groomer is located east of the city (ironically called East Royalty)...and after dropping her off for a spa treatment, I headed to a decor store near by.  It's about the only time I visit the store...it's easier to stay in the area than make the twenty minute trek home and then turn around shortly after and head back to pick her up.  

Liesel did not co-operate & allow her front legs or chest to be trimmed.  Soon after returning home, she yelped when Mr. Seventies picked her up....a sign that she perhaps is sore.  I spoke with our veterinarian and was advised to give her pain medication.  I don't think Liesel is in pain...as much as she might be sore.  Having arthritis most of my adult life...I understand better than most how arthritis works.  She & Mr. Seventies went for a short stroll in the afternoon...she was up for it...and it keeps her from being stiff.  This is how life will be...some days are going to be good...others not so good. 

Anyhow....back to some prettiness at the decor store...I'm obsessed with terra cotta roasters...and this one was such a great price!  Had it been a four quart instead of a six quart I would have picked it up.  We don't need one this large....but it was tempting....


Some very pretty dough bowls....I've never seen them in anything other than brown or dark stain...but am loving the teal colour....


And very pretty spring coloured lamps, vases and plant pots....and those lanterns on the bottom shelf!!


Is this sign not true?  I should have picked one up for the back entry....


Some very pretty cushions...loving the texture of these!!  And I'd love to have one of the pink alarm clocks for a night table!!   Might be worth another trip.....


This shelf contained a great assortment of accent lamps...navy seems to be the go to colour this year...I'm seeing it everywhere....


I enjoyed my stroll around and wished I had more time to browse longer...but it was time to retrieve Liesel.

The last few days have been spring like...I decided to hang my forsythia wreath on the exterior front door.  It was my first time using Command strips (for glass)...and they work like a charm!  And so easy to use...they will be my go to now for hanging anything!  Lots of pretty crocus and tulips are poking their way through the soil in the front gardens....



I hung this pretty wreath on the mirror in the front entry...using a Command strip as well...


I've been searching here for a while now for new hand towels and face cloths...and haven't had much luck.  Anyone ever ordered them from Amazon?  I decided to give them a try...and ordered six teal hand towels.  And I couldn't be happier...they fluffed up beautifully once washed and dried!  Despite looking otherwise ...they are very soft and absorbent...


The face cloths haven't arrived yet...but I'm certain I'll be happy with them as well...these are for everyday use...I'm not overly fussy about colours or matching.  Just that they be durable and serviceable.  I do want thickness and softness....and pink.  Because why not?

Hanging out today with my friend Judy...we have so much to catch up on!  And plan a short road trip for some retail therapy!  It's been a long winter peeps!

Wishing you an amazing day today!  It's going to be sunny & seasonal here ...most of the snow is gone!  Mr. Seventies is anxious for the lawns to dry up so he can putter at raking and cleaning up the property!  Isn't it wonderful to see everything outside waking up after a winter's sleep?









No comments:

Post a Comment